• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the order this year for the 9th should have finished:

1.Campbell

2. Bolden

3. Hatton

Campbell is simply the most dominant player in the 9th region. He has all the tools and skills, upside is exceptional. Has lots of intangibles you can't teach. Also, he is a senior and he is more than deserving.

Not taking anything away from Hatton but I personally think Bolden had the better year overall. Dixie has went through ups and downs all season long and they never seemed to get "clicking" together for more than a couple stretch of games.

If Hatton stays in the 9th I'm not sold he will get POY over Bolden next year. Bolden is really hitting the scene and by high school season next year his recruiting is going to sky rocket. Hatton has seemed to flat line in the recruiting world as of now. I could be wrong and maybe this upcoming AAU season he will generate some more interest/offers. But when you consider the total package in regards to these three players Hatton is third behind the other two, IMO.

Not the prep school talk again.....

You might be closer to the situation than myself but I know for a fact that a big time prep school approached him about coming there before christmas.

My personal opinion is that he stays, but you can't deny the thought hasn't or won't be entertained by BHatt.

I believe the order this year for the 9th should have finished:

1.Campbell

2. Bolden

3. Hatton

Campbell is simply the most dominant player in the 9th region. He has all the tools and skills, upside is exceptional. Has lots of intangibles you can't teach. Also, he is a senior and he is more than deserving.

Not taking anything away from Hatton but I personally think Bolden had the better year overall. Dixie has went through ups and downs all season long and they never seemed to get "clicking" together for more than a couple stretch of games.

If Hatton stays in the 9th I'm not sold he will get POY over Bolden next year. Bolden is really hitting the scene and by high school season next year his recruiting is going to sky rocket. Hatton has seemed to flat line in the recruiting world as of now. I could be wrong and maybe this upcoming AAU season he will generate some more interest/offers. But when you consider the total package in regards to these three players Hatton is third behind the other two, IMO.

Hatton will get a lot of pub and exposure this summer, once again, by playing on the EYBL circuit. Playing along side James Bolden also won't hurt.

Say what you want but when Hatton has played with talent on par with him, he gets buckets against anyone in one on one situations.

Hatton will get a lot of pub and exposure this summer, once again, by playing on the EYBL circuit. Playing along side James Bolden also won't hurt.

Say what you want but when Hatton has played with talent on par with him, he gets buckets against anyone in one on one situations.

Hence why I said Campbell and Bolden are the better total package than Hatton. I'm not taking anything away from him but all around game isn't as effective as the other 2. Hatton may be able to score with anyone but that wasn't my argument Walter.

There is more to playing college basketball than just scoring.

Hence why I said Campbell and Bolden are the better total package than Hatton. I'm not taking anything away from him but all around game isn't as effective as the other 2. Hatton may be able to score with anyone but that wasn't my argument Walter.

There is more to playing college basketball than just scoring.

From a size perspective, I don't think Bolden could handle Brandon. Brandon would score on the offensive end and his size advantage would negate Bolden. Bolden may be the better athlete but not the better basketball player.

From a size perspective, I don't think Bolden could handle Brandon. Brandon would score on the offensive end and his size advantage would negate Bolden. Bolden may be the better athlete but not the better basketball player.

Just stop. You think hatton can keep up with quickness of Bolden? If so, your crazy. No one in the 9th region can. Hatton is strictly a scorer. Why hasn't hatton increased his offers other than Winthrop, Samford, and Jacksonville st.? All of your points are trying to sell him on the fact he can score. We as fans already know that as well as college coaches. That facet of his game isn't in question nor have I questioned it. It's his versatility and his quickness on defensive end. If you can't guard in college the likelihood of you playing is minimal. If he plays shooting guard at d1 level I would say he is going to be slower than about 80% of the opponents he is guarding.

Bolden is a pure point guard and hatton is an undersized 2 guard who lacks the quickness to defend at the high D1 level. Hatton can't play point guard at D1 level. Also, Bolden may not be done growing and even with his current frame he is still one of the most athletic guards in the state. Not to mention he is only going to get stronger. Athleticism and quickness is something you can't teach.

Bolden is going to be the most highly recruited kid out of Nky in a long time. Xavier and UC are already on him. I'm not seeing the same for Hatton....

And again this is not meant to take away from Hatton at all. The kid is one of the best hoopers we have seen in the 9th region ever but in comparison to Bolden those are just my opinions.

Just stop. You think hatton can keep up with quickness of Bolden? If so, your crazy. No one in the 9th region can. Hatton is strictly a scorer. Why hasn't hatton increased his offers other than Winthrop, Samford, and Jacksonville st.? All of your points are trying to sell him on the fact he can score. We as fans already know that as well as college coaches. That facet of his game isn't in question nor have I questioned it. It's his versatility and his quickness on defensive end. If you can't guard in college the likelihood of you playing is minimal. If he plays shooting guard at d1 level I would say he is going to be slower than about 80% of the opponents he is guarding.

Bolden is a pure point guard and hatton is an undersized 2 guard who lacks the quickness to defend at the high D1 level. Hatton can't play point guard at D1 level. Also, Bolden may not be done growing and even with his current frame he is still one of the most athletic guards in the state. Not to mention he is only going to get stronger. Athleticism and quickness is something you can't teach.

Bolden is going to be the most highly recruited kid out of Nky in a long time. Xavier and UC are already on him. I'm not seeing the same for Hatton....

And again this is not meant to take away from Hatton at all. The kid is one of the best hoopers we have seen in the 9th region ever but in comparison to Bolden those are just my opinions.

Pittman from Holmes was very highly recruited could have went just about anywhere if not for the pesonnal issues and the grades.

Pittman from Holmes was very highly recruited could have went just about anywhere if not for the pesonnal issues and the grades.

Bob Huggins and Mick Cronin were regulars in the Holmes open.gyms the junior to senior summer.

Ricardo and Elijah both would have gotten a lot more looks had they played for a different AAU team. Nobody wanted to deal with their coach and his background kept them from being able to compete in the big national events.