Grant County 48 Simon Kenton 43

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cummins had 16. And could it be the Braves are better than people think.

Glad to see Cummins had a good game. The Braves do have two quality wins over SK but in order to determine how good they are, they need to play a tougher schedule. Play some of the top teams in the 8th (Oldham, South, Collins) and get rid of some of those cupcakes.

Is WV hosting the district?

Loved seeing coach hicks waving the student section onto the floor after the game to celebrate like they had just won the super bowl. He looked like a comair dude backing out a jet at CVG. Players and students celebrating a regular season game is ridiculous.

Loved seeing coach hicks waving the student section onto the floor after the game to celebrate like they had just won the super bowl. He looked like a comair dude backing out a jet at CVG. Players and students celebrating a regular season game is ridiculous.

WOW! SK will remember this come tournament time.

[TABLE=width: 618]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]1/18/2013[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Grant Co. 48[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Simon Kenton 43[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Simon Kenton[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]17[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]7[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]8[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]11[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2] [/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]43[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: #F2F5F9]

[TD=colspan: 2][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Grant Co.[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]12[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]17[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]8[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]11[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2] [/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]48[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Simon Kenton (12-6) -- Barnes 10, Swanson 1, Morrison 10, Sampson 10, Robinson 8, Bowling 4.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Grant Co. (16-4) -- Hicks 10, Anglin 4, Johnson 5, Cummins 16, Carr 13.

Read more here: Latest high school boys' basketball scores | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Doesn't matter what GC ran Put me in coach! You didn't guard it! Quality never needs an explanation and you seem to be constantly explaining! First it was wait till everyone comes back' date=' well their back and Grant is 2-0 vs SK this year. No disrespect to SK they have a quality team and will have a great season.[/quote']

Grant county's biggest game of the year is SK. I'm glad you won your Super Bowl. We're playing for more.

I complain? Right. I said injuries aren't an excuse and I'll stick by that.

However, if you want to be technical and call me out get your facts straight. Simon Kenton doesn't have a starter in Cody Monson which no one talks about but is a huge loss, and another starter in Nick Ayers.

Enjoy your Super Bowl, but we're playing for a championship. Not one win.

I have some extra towels for you to cry in! Coach Hicks is trying to turn around a program that hasn't had anything to be excited about for years, and he is doing a fantastic job! Locking up the #1 seed in the district is a big deal to a group of kids who have heard since 3rd grade that they were not going to win and guess what they won. If all you can do is criticize what other coaches and players do then you need to get a life! it's High School basketball.

I have some extra towels for you to cry in! Coach Hicks is trying to turn around a program that hasn't had anything to be excited about for years, and he is doing a fantastic job! Locking up the #1 seed in the district is a big deal to a group of kids who have heard since 3rd grade that they were not going to win and guess what they won. If all you can do is criticize what other coaches and players do then you need to get a life! it's High School basketball.

You're the only one calling out specific members. Congrats. Your team won. As I already said great win for you, pathetic loss for SK.

Grant county's biggest game of the year is SK. I'm glad you won your Super Bowl. We're playing for more.

I complain? Right. I said injuries aren't an excuse and I'll stick by that.

However, if you want to be technical and call me out get your facts straight. Simon Kenton doesn't have a starter in Cody Monson which no one talks about but is a huge loss, and another starter in Nick Ayers.

Enjoy your Super Bowl, but we're playing for a championship. Not one win.

It's not football, it's basketball! So who has their facts straight? Oh and by the way in another thread when someone from South Oldham said something about players being out , You said "I'm over the player being out thing". You know if SK wins the 3rd game (which there probably will be a 3rd game) I guess I can have the excuse of "Well it's hard to beat a team 3 times".

Enjoy the :popcorn:.

It's not football, it's basketball! So who has their facts straight? Oh and by the way in another thread when someone from South Oldham said something about players being out , You said "I'm over the player being out thing". You know if SK wins the 3rd game (which there probably will be a 3rd game) I guess I can have the excuse of "Well it's hard to beat a team 3 times".

Exactly. But don't say a team is "full strength" if they're not. Unfortunately this SK team will always have the what if stigma.

Again, congrats on your Super Bowl. We're playing for more.

The 3rd game won't matter either which is hard for you to comprehend, but it won't.

In the grand scheme of things the regular season games won't mean much. Grant will beat W'Town and SK should win against WV. I'd honestly rather have a hungry team going into districts than a team that knows they will walk through the 32nd bracket. Hicks has apparently done a pretty good job, I believe Grant had one win over SK since they entered the 8th and now they have two in one year. On to the next game, Collins on Monday.

Good win for Grant. Fun game to watch. With the exception of Montgomery SK is not missing anyone. Monson and Ayers are out of picture stop talking about them. Yes unfortunate for SK. Neither team shot well. The fouls about same. I think the key was Grant played tough man D holding Sampson to only 10. Also SK usually hits more than one three. I hope both teams go deep into regionals.