Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 60 Vanderbilt 58

Featured Replies

I almost felt bad for Bobby when he was asking what the "17.2 on the clock" meant.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

People keep saying that but I don't see it. Nothing scary about this team. They have one quality win.

 

Neutral court games. They can play when the tide rises. Not now, but in a couple months.

Why anyone would ever play anything except a zone against UK is beyond me.

 

That was a horrendous thing to watch.

Wiltjer is a problem. They need his offense but he gives up as many as he puts in. Tonight, he gave up a LOT more than he put in. Anytime he was in the game, Vandy did the high pick with whoever he was guarding and went right past him for layups.

Wiltjer couldn't guard a statue. Slowest player to ever wear a Kentucky uniform.

Wiltjer couldn't guard a statue. Slowest player to ever wear a Kentucky uniform.

 

Mike Scott would take great offense to that statement.

I will agree a win is a win on the road in the SEC. Tired of saying well it was at Vandy we always have tough times at Vandy. Well you do not squander a 16 point lead and miss that many shots to let a team back in. For Wiltjer well put a man on him and play tight he does not score and for defense he has none. Again nice to see the win on the road, better play better Saturday at Rupp or could be 10 and 5. JD

I almost felt bad for Bobby when he was asking what the "17.2 on the clock" meant.
I thought the same thing. He needs to retire!!!!!
Mike Scott would take great offense to that statement.

 

I was thinking Chuck Aleksinas but they were probably related.

Glad I was at Applebee's and couldn't really hear what Knight was saying.

 

I am usually one of the more optimistic posters in regards to Kentucky Basketball, but after last night I'm pretty concerned and will say that we don't have a good team. I've held on as long as I could. Good times don't give up 14-0 runs, no matter who or where they are playing. I'm still pulling for them and hoping we can do some damage in March.

 

We are severely lacking a leader.

Mike Scott would take great offense to that statement.

 

So would Shagari. But he was at least tall. Wiltjer is terrible and a big reason Vandy was able to stay in the game.

If you are trying to find any type of a silver lining, it it the fact for the first 15 minutes or so UK looked really good, like top of the SEC good, albeit against Vanderbilt. Cal was even pumped up for a minute or two with his team's effort. Poythress, I don't know what to say. I guess hook up a blood pressure monitor to him now. When Wiltjer was inserted the defensive rotation then slowed and UK never really got back in to a groove. I am not seeing a situation where he is ever able to contribute more than just a few points here and there.

 

Bob Knight. :lol:

I was saying during the game that this team is ahead of the Knight/ Harrelson team at this point in the season. Then they went 10 minutes without scoring and went from up 16 to down 2. I still think this team will be able to beat anyone in this weak season of basketball.

 

They need to let Wiltjer start and shoot two three's in the first two possesions and if he misses put him at the end of the bench and leave him there.

 

They need to let Wiltjer start and shoot two three's in the first two possesions and if he misses put him at the end of the bench and leave him there.

Which is basically where he was last year. And sadly, I agree with you. If he is not making shots he is not worth playing.

Since the team two years ago was brought up, let's remember that they went 2-6 on the road I believe.

 

I think Poythress needs what Tracy Jones would call a slumpbuster.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.