January 11, 201313 yr That game was an example of why some people don't think Cal is a good game coach. He just let them play their way out of a 16 point lead.
January 11, 201313 yr That game was an example of why some people don't think Cal is a good game coach. He just let them play their way out of a 16 point lead. I understand your point, but sometimes games can turn sour quick and you can't stop the bleeding so to speak.
January 11, 201313 yr UK was lacking a leader during Vandy's run and its aftermath. Was Harrow really hurt that bad--I thought he was in his dying throes. Any win on the road is good, I guess.
January 11, 201313 yr Wiltjer is a problem. They need his offense but he gives up as many as he puts in. Tonight, he gave up a LOT more than he put in. Anytime he was in the game, Vandy did the high pick with whoever he was guarding and went right past him for layups.
January 11, 201313 yr Dan Wolken @DanWolken Vanderbilt was Kentucky's second win this season against a team in the top 200 of the RPI Maryland is the other one (91).
January 11, 201313 yr This same Vandy team lost to 4-12 Marist by 17! It wasn't in Memorial, that's a huge difference. A win is a win and at Vandy is never an easy victory. Not an easy place for a bunch of freshman to play in their first SEC roadie.
January 11, 201313 yr Dan Wolken @DanWolken Vanderbilt was Kentucky's second win this season against a team in the top 200 of the RPI Maryland is the other one (91). Thanks for pointing that out Dan. If I was the coach of a Top 5 team, I would not want to play UK come March.
January 11, 201313 yr Let's just call this progress and move on. A win on the road in the SEC, at Vandy ... that's a good thing, right?
January 11, 201313 yr Thanks for pointing that out Dan. If I was the coach of a Top 5 team, I would not want to play UK come March. People keep saying that but I don't see it. Nothing scary about this team. They have one quality win.
January 11, 201313 yr People keep saying that but I don't see it. Nothing scary about this team. They have one quality win. You are correct sir. That excuse/reasoning is getting older and older by the second and with no significant improvement it appears this team is what it is. It might have one good game but it seems it can't string together a good stretch of games where their improvement is evident over that entire time frame. They will do something different one game but then revert back the next.
January 11, 201313 yr Harrow needs to play under control. Goodwin needs to stop thinking he can drive it 1 on 3, 4, 5. WCS or Noel needs to develop a low post game. Poythress needs to find one thing he can do on offense and build on that.
January 11, 201313 yr Gotta figure out the 2-3 zone. Shooting their way out just isn't working. Harrow had a pretty good overall game but didn't penetrate the zone enough. He is absolutely the softest player I've ever seen. Gets hurt every game.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.