Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 60 Vanderbilt 58

Featured Replies

You'd be surprised. The kid hasn't come close to maturing physically. He will never be above average in the quickness department, but if it can get him to just below and much less of a defensive liability, then it will only help. Having him on the floor as a senior and being able to hold his own defensively will be huge. Also, being stronger will help his rebounding and guarding in the post.

 

I get what you're saying and you make a good point. But we all know that unless he tears up his knee or something else, he won't be redshirted.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't say they won everything, nor am I speaking solely of end-of-game opportunities (though they were much better in that regard too). I said they had guys that you could give them the ball or set a play for them & they stood a much better chance at getting something done than this team...especially in instances where a basket is needed to stop the bleeding.

 

That was the year Cal did some post isolation for Miller, which I believe began in the UL game. In that same game, when UL would make a run, somebody (generally Knight) would score to stop the run. They also developed that little hand off from the big man to a guard that they still utilize some today. That move worked, in part, because Brandon Knight could score.

 

I don't recall my post saying anything about them "winning everything."

 

I just don't remember that 2011 team with the same auro as others on here do. Doesn't make me right, or wrong for that matter I suppose. I just really never expected more than a Sweet 16 out of the squad because I never saw the consistancy in them that year. I truly don't think I saw them really be "all they could be" until the tourneys started. Don't even recall them flashing that kind of brilliance in the regular season. (especially on the road)

Don't even recall them flashing that kind of brilliance in the regular season. (especially on the road)

 

A 2-6 record on the road will do that to ya!

I don't recall my post saying anything about them "winning everything."

 

I just don't remember that 2011 team with the same auro as others on here do. Doesn't make me right, or wrong for that matter I suppose. I just really never expected more than a Sweet 16 out of the squad because I never saw the consistancy in them that year. I truly don't think I saw them really be "all they could be" until the tourneys started. Don't even recall them flashing that kind of brilliance in the regular season. (especially on the road)

 

I don't think they were brilliant on the road either, except for Louisville & Tennessee. Not bad at Florida. But that isn't really my point either. My point is that this current team is full of athletes that don't have the greatest basketball skills in the world. The Knight team wasn't nearly as athletic, but had better basketball skills as individuals.

 

If you line up both squads in early-to-mid January & you compare the top players from each, the only player I am for sure taking from this year's team is Nerlens. I'd start Knight over Harrow, Lamb over Goodwin, Miller/Liggins over Poythress, Jones over WCS & Nerlens over Jorts.

Wiltjer frustrates me as much as he does everyone else. And while I agree that he is often a liability, I also believe UK has to have him playing well to be successful.

 

In the games UK has lost this year, Wiltjer is shooting 30% from the floor, 27.2% from the 3-point line & is averaging 7 ppg.

 

For the season, Wiltjer is shooting 44.4% from the floor, 42.3% from the 3-point line & is averaging 11.3 ppg.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.