Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands/Collins 4A State Championship (Predictions)

Who you got? 96 members have voted

  1. 1. Who you got?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 119
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a great article! Very well written, and what a reminder of what this game is all about...Nothing like playing under the Friday Night Lights, as both of these teams will do. Memories to last a lifetime. Good luck to both teams and all twelve teams playing in their respective classes this weekend in BG. Go Birds! Bring home number 6 and 22.

As has become tradition this time of year:

Our family's early Christmas present to Henry521, Leatherneck and all the Bluebird faithful!

 

(Drive by and give FrostyBird a honk) :cool:

 

 

 

snowman2.JPG

W-I-F-E.

 

Lol yea how did those homemade pumpkin pies turn out the night you missed the CovCath game? Santa House was better for it, no worries my brotha. Make that deposit into the marriage bank this weekend so we can look at making a withdraw down the road.

Did you go to Morehead St with him? I know he played there for a short time right.

 

 

No, I played with him at Greenup Co. High School. Jerry ended up having a great college career at West Virginia Tech.

Sounds a bit like Christian County in 2010 with Hickey and Tandy. The Birds' strategy to contain Hickey and keep him from improvising in the open field was the key. Without the ability to scramble and create plays, he had to revert to passing, and the rest is history.

 

I can guarantee you that Page can throw the ball a heck of a lot better than Hickey. He's thrown for almost 3,000 yards and 35+ TD's. What were Hickey's passing numbers going into that game? Im not saying that Page is anywhere near Hickey in the openfield running the ball either though. I doubt that the gameplan will be to sit back and force Page to make reads and throw the ball. If so, then Jerry Lucas is salivating and thinking he has a great chance at out-scoring Highlands and winning this game.

 

In my opinion, Collins will score some points. The question is whether or not Collins can stop Highlands. I dont think they will stop Highlands offense very often or even at all. However, I would be willing to bet that this will not be a replay of the 50-0 Christian Co game.

No, I played with him at Greenup Co. High School. Jerry ended up having a great college career at West Virginia Tech.

 

The reason I asked about Morehead, my neighbor played with him on the football team early on. Also, both my brothers played at Tech. The older one was recruited out of high school by Roy Lucas SR.:thumb:

If you're a team that struggles on defense, the last team you want to be facing in the title game would be Highlands. Looking back at their final scores apart from Cov Cath and Elder, all you see are 50's and 60's.....Collins struggles on D, therefore they will get punished.

As has become tradition this time of year:

Our family's early Christmas present to Henry521, Leatherneck and all the Bluebird faithful!

 

(Drive by and give FrostyBird a honk) :cool:

 

 

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38105[/ATTACH]

Awe, I love this Christmas present. Looks like that green spot light has finally burned out. :thumb:

 

 

GO BIRDS

A closer game than most are thinking.. I see Highlands pulling away in the 4th qtr with a couple of late scores... 49-27

A closer game than most are thinking.. I see Highlands pulling away in the 4th qtr with a couple of late scores... 49-27

 

I don't disagree that Collins has a chance to score 27...I just think it happens differently that you propose. I think it's Collins scoring a couple late to get to 27. Anyone, outside of Elder (who only score 37 BTW) that has scored anywhere near that this year on HHS has done their scoring at the end of the game. Some scored earlier and might have even held an early lead, but anything outside of Elder and maybe Boyle, everyone hit the mid 20's in the 4th qtr when it was out of control. Also, they may score that high because they may get the ball back so fast! No, not because they are holding down HHS, but because I think HHS will score so fast! I would be very surprised is HHS isn't in the high 50's to 60's in this game. I hate to say it, but Collins is in over their head in this one. Not tying to put their program down, it's just reality. They have had a great year and should be extremely proud where their program has come in a very short period of time. Hopefully I'm wrong because I'd love to see a competitive game.

I don't disagree that Collins has a chance to score 27...I just think it happens differently that you propose. I think it's Collins scoring a couple late to get to 27. Anyone, outside of Elder (who only score 37 BTW) that has scored anywhere near that this year on HHS has done their scoring at the end of the game. Some scored earlier and might have even held an early lead, but anything outside of Elder and maybe Boyle, everyone hit the mid 20's in the 4th qtr when it was out of control. Also, they may score that high because they may get the ball back so fast! No, not because they are holding down HHS, but because I think HHS will score so fast! I would be very surprised is HHS isn't in the high 50's to 60's in this game. I hate to say it, but Collins is in over their head in this one. Not tying to put their program down, it's just reality. They have had a great year and should be extremely proud where their program has come in a very short period of time. Hopefully I'm wrong because I'd love to see a competitive game.

This is off the subject somewhat but will all the state finals be webcast on any sights? If so , where.

Recommendation for Birds fans driving down:

 

Going through Lexington is only 20 more miles and a lot less traffic since bluegrass Pky is the road less traveled. I recommend that route instead of getting tied up on 71. I have driven 71 numerous times recently for work and its got a bad spot near Carrollton and then the interchange near Waterson and 71 was backed up numerous times even back past Gene Snyder. I'd avoid it all together if I were you.

I don't disagree that Collins has a chance to score 27...I just think it happens differently that you propose. I think it's Collins scoring a couple late to get to 27. Anyone, outside of Elder (who only score 37 BTW) that has scored anywhere near that this year on HHS has done their scoring at the end of the game. Some scored earlier and might have even held an early lead, but anything outside of Elder and maybe Boyle, everyone hit the mid 20's in the 4th qtr when it was out of control. Also, they may score that high because they may get the ball back so fast! No, not because they are holding down HHS, but because I think HHS will score so fast! I would be very surprised is HHS isn't in the high 50's to 60's in this game. I hate to say it, but Collins is in over their head in this one. Not tying to put their program down, it's just reality. They have had a great year and should be extremely proud where their program has come in a very short period of time. Hopefully I'm wrong because I'd love to see a competitive game.

 

Collins is probably watching some trinity-hhs video to see how to lay 40-50 on the birds.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.