Molina gets steamrolled.

LRCW

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Cardinals will cry about this for weeks. The biggest bunch of babies in baseball, Molina excluded.

If LaRussa was still the manager we would still be hearing about it in October.

Good clean hit. I don't care for Molina at all, but he is tough and a good ball player.

Good clean hit. I don't care for Molina at all, but he is tough and a good ball player.

Yep... Molina KILLS the Reds, and I don't like him because of that...but he's one of the best at what he does.

Are you kidding? LaRussa made the call to the dugout after Harrison didn't get plunked the next AB. Carpenter, funny. What was he gonna do?

Yep... Molina KILLS the Reds, and I don't like him because of that...but he's one of the best at what he does.

No doubt about it. For my money he is the best catcher in baseball. They are a different team with him behind the plate.

Do you think with safety and keeping players healthy being a big topic in sports today, that they may change the rule about being allowed to run over the catcher? Any chance you think that they may eventually go to what high schools do and making people have to slide when there is a play at the plate? Were starting to see more big injuries with plays at the plate, and last year it took out one of baseball's young stars. So I wouldn't be surprised if they address it in someway.

I'd be surprised if we see that any time soon.

I've got big respect for Molina. Tough hombre.

The collisions at home plate happen very seldom, but I could see it being something MLB would want to look in to... do not forget Buster Posey was lost last year because of a collision at home plate. I would be interested to know how many injuries occur per home plate collision. Dottie Henson was never the same after her collision.

Cards as expected whined that Harrison had room to slide and that the collision was dirty... :cry:

I read that. I think when they see the replay that line will go out the door. If he slid he was going to have to by the plate and reach back with his left hand.

Plus, I saw a video from a game last season when Harrison tried to slide into a catcher blocking the plate and he about broke his ankle.

During the recent Pirates series at GABP, Chapman hit McCutchen with a 101 mph fastball on Friday night. On Saturday Leake drilled Josh Harrison with a pitch in the second inning, then came off the mound to bark at Harrison.

I was screaming at my TV for Leake to shut up before he was killed.

After seeing the footage of the blow Harrison delivered to Molina, I'm sure Leake is considering himself quite fortunate that Harrison didn't storm the mound.

During the recent Pirates series at GABP, Chapman hit McCutchen with a 101 mph fastball on Friday night. On Saturday Leake drilled Josh Harrison with a pitch in the second inning, then came off the mound to bark at Harrison.

I was screaming at my TV for Leake to shut up before he was killed.

After seeing the footage of the blow Harrison delivered to Molina, I'm sure Leake is considering himself quite fortunate that Harrison didn't storm the mound.

Grandpa Rolen would have came in to save the day. Beat him with his cane or something.

Cards as expected whined that Harrison had room to slide and that the collision was dirty... :cry:

I read that. I think when they see the replay that line will go out the door. If he slid he was going to have to by the plate and reach back with his left hand.

Plus, I saw a video from a game last season when Harrison tried to slide into a catcher blocking the plate and he about broke his ankle.

My thoughts exactly the first time I saw the play. He doesn't blow Molina and he could wind up injurying himself. If you don't want to be hit by the train, get off the tracks.