Molina gets steamrolled.

LRCW

Pirates Josh Harrison flattens Yadier Molina, and knocked him out of the game. Give Molina credit though, he hung on to the ball. He's one tough nut. I'd take him on my team any day. Can't get the video to load from my phone.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pirates Josh Harrison flattens Yadier Molina, and knocked him out of the game. Give Molina credit though, he hung on to the ball. He's one tough nut. I'd take him on my team any day. Can't get the video to load from my phone.

Cincinnati native and UC grad Josh Harrison...

I always wonder how people determine that a collision at the plate is clean or not. I would agree with your assessment but what are we looking for ?

Molina was blocking the plate. No room for Harrison to try and slide and reach home plate. He had to go thru Molina to reach the plate.

^I think it's pretty subjective, but usually with those kind of plays you can tell. It was pretty obvious he was just going hard, and wasn't going to alter his route just because Molina was in his way. Plus he lowered his shoulder. Usually the intentional ones go in with raised elbows or shoulders, clearly trying to decapitate the catcher.