Lexington Catholic 49 Ashland 40

Wilcox provides depth, and is probably the 2nd best shooter on the team next to Matt Thomas. He can also handle the ball, and has no fear driving the lane. When he is on he can score in bunches like he did in his first game back, scoring 21. He is also a good free throw shooter, and Robbie helps pull defenses out of the post which can lead to better opportunities inside for McDavid.

Is he a post player? For some reason I was under the impression that he was 6"5.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can some Ashland fan explain to us how incredibly important Robbie Wilcox is to this team? I was never under the impression that he was supremely talented but this is a totally different ballclub with him back on the court.

A good question CCH. I think a couple of things have happened for Ashland.

1) They are getting more into "basketball shape" with each passing week.

2) Flynn is an excellent coach, and as the season unfolds, he will find the combinations of personnel, and the right offensive sets and defensive schemes that give Ashland the best chance to win.

3) Wilcox is an excellent shooter, and he does have a big impact on how Ashland does on a given night. When Ashland played Fairview, he and Cannoy both had cold nights shooting the ball. Make no mistake, Fairview's defense HAS to be given a huge amount of credit for that. Wilcox will not go 3-15 from the field very often, but when he does, Ashland will struggle (as would any team that has a scorer go cold).

4) Much to the chagrin of some of those that post on here, Ashland is not dead yet. Clearly, Morgan, Fairview, and Boyd are the top three in the 16th right now. Russell, Ashland, and West will all three have something to say come tournament time. With Ashland, Boyd, and Fairview all three in one district, someone isn't going to make it to the Regional. At this point, Ashland has the most ground to make up, but it isn't like they aren't capable of getting there. Whoever comes out of the 64th this year, they better enjoy it. Rose Hill will be a force for the next three or four years after this one.

Frances

Honestly I could care less. I dont play, I dont coach, so I basically have no influence on the outcome of any game. I love my Tomcats win or lose, Im there for every game, even every JV game, and I do my best to keep it interesting on here for you guys. If that means making wild predictions and statements then that is fine. Lets be honest, you guys wouldnt have it any other way. It makes the games and this board that much more fun. I like to think Im good for business. :thumb:

I'm sure it is worth it to shooterx3 just to see you write that "I Love Shooterx3" on your post.

I did take pictures and I went there 2 summers ago. Even though I have never been a Tomcat it made me really proud to see the accomplishments of our area and the city of which I was born. I really was AWESOME because I had no idea that it was in there. Also the 1928 ball and the old letter jacket of a member of the 1928 team was in the case as well! :ylsuper:

Here is an old thread of some cool 1928 stuff that has been in my family forever.

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=61465&highlight=Ashland+1928