Lexington Catholic 49 Ashland 40

Is it politically incorrect to act like Painstville didn't win it all in 1996 or Ashland didn't finish second that same year? Its eating you up that Ashland is a good basketball team or Russell is good in football. When Boyd County or East Carter won the state baseball titles it must have really tore you up.

Rosehill was a good team but its not like nobody else can hold a candel to them.

Another thing. Funny how you care so much about 16th region teams and are from Cincinatti.

Lets not forget that Ashland advanced just as far in 2001 as Rose Hill did in 2003. Also when was Bishop Brossart's last Sweet 16 title?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, In Springfield I saw alot of Ashland stuff and not just from 1928. If you have seen the exhibit then you know that Larry Conley and the parade pictures were of the state title in 1966 I believe and Ashland also had a display of like 40 or so years they have played in the sweet 16. I can only think of 1 other school in the Commonwealth of KY that can boast of that. (Owensboro) Matter of fact the 16th Region has some excellent basketball and alot more state titles than your 9th Region!

Is it politically incorrect to act like Painstville didn't win it all in 1996 or Ashland didn't finish second that same year? Its eating you up that Ashland is a good basketball team or Russell is good in football. When Boyd County or East Carter won the state baseball titles it must have really tore you up.

Rosehill was a good team but its not like nobody else can hold a candel to them.

Another thing. Funny how you care so much about 16th region teams and are from Cincinatti.

To back up your statement to St. ThomasMore. Who did Paintsville play in 1996. I think it was Ashland. Also in response to the year that Rose Hill went to the state tournament. I believe that they were not the distict champs that year. Who was the team that was district champs? I believe that it was ASHLAND. Do you happen to see the re-occurring them? I believe it is Ashland.

My definition of "great" must be different from your definition. My definition of great would be a team with a legit shot to win the state tournament. Lex Cath is a very good team that probally wont get to play at Rupp this year because of the strength of their region. If they were in the 16th region, they would be the top team in the Region, but that does not make them "great" in my book, if that is your definition of "great" , then fine, and allows me to understand why you think the Ashland team is "great" because they do have a great tradition, but they have some obvious deficiencies that will keep them from winning the Region this year. In fact, if Ashland does win the region this year, I would release at41 from his forehead commitment that he so flatteringly made here on preps!

:flame:

Shooterx3, That is bold comment to make on the 8th of January. I believe that most of us who follow the 16th Region know that the region is wide open. maybe more than ever who knows what team will be hot in March. Remeber Russell's start last year and then their run to the 16th Title game? ;)

Actually, In Springfield I saw alot of Ashland stuff and not just from 1928. If you have seen the exhibit then you know that Larry Conley and the parade pictures were of the state title in 1966 I believe and Ashland also had a display of like 40 or so years they have played in the sweet 16. I can only think of 1 other school in the Commonwealth of KY that can boast of that. (Owensboro) Matter of fact the 16th Region has some excellent basketball and alot more state titles than your 9th Region!

Did you take any pictures? I would LOVE to see that! When did you visit there??

Did you take any pictures? I would LOVE to see that! When did you visit there??

I did take pictures and I went there 2 summers ago. Even though I have never been a Tomcat it made me really proud to see the accomplishments of our area and the city of which I was born. I really was AWESOME because I had no idea that it was in there. Also the 1928 ball and the old letter jacket of a member of the 1928 team was in the case as well! :ylsuper:

Here ya go....

Thank you at41, I hope that will satisfy Ricky p, now do you think we can turn the lights out before the game Friday night so you can show that off

for the whole crowd? It also might be helpfull to help people find their seat in the movie theater :dancingpa

Now we cant question your HONOR! :thumb:

AT, thanks for coming back. Even though we disagree on somethings I do enjoy you.

I think Ashland fans should be encouraged by their performance against Catholic and not discourage over lossing to Fairview. The big mistake some are making is not giving Fairview enough credit for being as solid as they are, they could very easily end up their season in Rupp Arena.

I still don't understand why a school that is such a vocal supporter of Proposition 20 scheduled Lexington Catholic. Not trying to stir up trouble but even Ashland supports have to admit that it is a tad bit inconsistent.

By the way AT, that picture of you in the dark is the most handsome pick I have ever seen of you. :D

I did take pictures and I went there 2 summers ago. Even though I have never been a Tomcat it made me really proud to see the accomplishments of our area and the city of which I was born. I really was AWESOME because I had no idea that it was in there. Also the 1928 ball and the old letter jacket of a member of the 1928 team was in the case as well! :ylsuper:

If you could somehow scan and post those pics I would be forever grateful.

Thank you at41, I hope that will satisfy Ricky p, now do you think we can turn the lights out before the game Friday night so you can show that off

for the whole crowd? It also might be helpfull to help people find their seat in the movie theater :dancingpa

Now we cant question your HONOR! :thumb:

How about this. You and Rickyp can send you better halves over to my house and I will turn out the lights and show them my new tattoo. Rickyp knows where I live.... :lol: :thumb:

How about this. You and Rickyp can send you better halves over to my house and I will turn out the lights and show them my new tattoo. Rickyp knows where I live.... :lol: :thumb:

Will you mom let them in? :D

Can some Ashland fan explain to us how incredibly important Robbie Wilcox is to this team? I was never under the impression that he was supremely talented but this is a totally different ballclub with him back on the court.

Can some Ashland fan explain to us how incredibly important Robbie Wilcox is to this team? I was never under the impression that he was supremely talented but this is a totally different ballclub with him back on the court.

Wilcox provides depth, and is probably the 2nd best shooter on the team next to Matt Thomas. He can also handle the ball, and has no fear driving the lane. When he is on he can score in bunches like he did in his first game back, scoring 21. He is also a good free throw shooter, and Robbie helps pull defenses out of the post which can lead to better opportunities inside for McDavid.