Lexington Catholic 49 Ashland 40

It is never a good sign for a school when its fans must find solace in reasonably close losses. Does the Blazer schedule seem to offer any relief (sure wins) in the coming weeks? I hope so. and I know AT41 and the others will agree.

Not a Tomcat fan at all I just reconize there tradition and there capabilities of having a legitimate chance to win the 16th. It won't be easy for this team to get to Morehead for regionals, but they also have the skill and athelicism to win the region. If you played, coached, and grew up in the 16th region you would understand that the Tomcats are a force year in and year out. They didn't get an exhibit in the basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, MA, for their abilities to play tough teams close. They are there for their abilities to win and compete. They are always a tough out in the tournament including the Sweet 16. They are THE measuring stick for the 16th region.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In all fairness shooterx3 if Lexington Catholic is in the 16th Region they would be the favorite to go to Rupp. I think that to say they aren't great is very arrogant they are a premier program in the state and they play a national schedule. The Tomcats record may not look real good. However, I do think that the Tomcats probably are a top five team in the 16th. And they probably have had the toughest schedule in the 16th Region thus far!! Lexington Catholic did beat Scott Co. and we all know what Scott Co. is capable of doing to teams!!!! :scared:

My definition of "great" must be different from your definition. My definition of great would be a team with a legit shot to win the state tournament. Lex Cath is a very good team that probally wont get to play at Rupp this year because of the strength of their region. If they were in the 16th region, they would be the top team in the Region, but that does not make them "great" in my book, if that is your definition of "great" , then fine, and allows me to understand why you think the Ashland team is "great" because they do have a great tradition, but they have some obvious deficiencies that will keep them from winning the Region this year. In fact, if Ashland does win the region this year, I would release at41 from his forehead commitment that he so flatteringly made here on preps!

:flame:

Hey guys! Well I have been traveling across Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia looking for a place to get my tattoo. But everywhere I go they refuse! Everyone I talked to basically said the same thing, they told me it would be a crime against humanity to put something like that on a face that is so incredibly handsome. But as luck would have it I found somewhere that was willing. They had the latest in tattoo technology, glow in the dark ink!! So I got it done earlier today. So if any of you are ever lucky enough to see me in the dark then you will get to see it! I will turn out the lights and take a picture for you guys. Give me a sec.

But to get the thread back on topic I listened to most of the game and it seemed like both teams were having an off night. Ashland led late in the 3rd quarter I think, but I cant imagine how tired they were playing on Friday night, then traveling, then playing a team like LexCath. I think this season we are dealing with a Jekyl and Hyde team. One night, one quarter, or one half they look great, then at a moments notice they can look lost. To me that mainly goes back to coaching. When Ashland was up 14 on Fairview, I looked at my dad and said "I hope this team gets some killer instinct and puts them away", they obviously didnt. For whatever reason we dont play consistent yet, hopefully we will have it figured out soon. I have no doubt that Ashland will be one of the 3 or 4 teams favored to win the 16th this March.

Actually, Blue Blazer, Ashland High School is in the Springfield museum for winning a national tournament in 1928 and not because of any other achievements or legacy. There are a goodly number of high schools honored in this museum. That does not diminish Ashland's accomplishment in 1928, it merely documents why it has a place in Springfield.

As for being a "tough out" in the state tournament, I would suggest that the 16th Region has rarely been a "tough out" in recent years with the exception of the 2003 Rose Hill team which featured a goodly number of imports from neighboring states. Regardless, those Royals were the best from up in your part of the state in many years although, I understand, that such a fact is still not politically correct in the Ashland area.

But to get the thread back on topic ...

SMOOTH.

But not smooth enough. That was a awfully easy move from you not carrying through on your gaurantee and trying to act like none of us noticed. Surely you dont think everyone is gonna forget that easy do you?

SMOOTH.

But not smooth enough. That was a awfully easy move from you not carrying through on your gaurantee and trying to act like none of us noticed. Surely you dont think everyone is gonna forget that easy do you?

Honestly I could care less. I dont play, I dont coach, so I basically have no influence on the outcome of any game. I love my Tomcats win or lose, Im there for every game, even every JV game, and I do my best to keep it interesting on here for you guys. If that means making wild predictions and statements then that is fine. Lets be honest, you guys wouldnt have it any other way. It makes the games and this board that much more fun. I like to think Im good for business. :thumb:

...As for being a "tough out" in the state tournament, I would suggest that the 16th Region has rarely been a "tough out" in recent years with the exception of the 2003 Rose Hill team which featured a goodly number of imports from neighboring states. Regardless, those Royals were the best from up in your part of the state in many years although, I understand, that such a fact is still not politically correct in the Ashland area.

Is it politically incorrect to act like Painstville didn't win it all in 1996 or Ashland didn't finish second that same year? Its eating you up that Ashland is a good basketball team or Russell is good in football. When Boyd County or East Carter won the state baseball titles it must have really tore you up.

Rosehill was a good team but its not like nobody else can hold a candel to them.

Another thing. Funny how you care so much about 16th region teams and are from Cincinatti.