Has Coach Campbell stepped down as Scott High School Football Coach?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it's still not much! Their weight room and training facility...I would bet you is in the top 10 WORST in the state. But I bet their weight training program is near, if not the top in the state! They just replaced a gym floor (thanks to booster donations that was over 50-60 years old. Their vasity bball gym is not at big as most middle schools anymore. They play softball down in a valley where the football team practices. Imagine what condition that field is in. They have no onsite facility for baseball, swimming, track, soccer, tennis and probably others that I'm forgetting. Everyone thinks Highlands spoiled and everything is state of the art. Well it's the exact opposite. However, they somehow find ways to put together the best football program in the state and remain ultra competitive with all the top schools in other sports. As well as one of the best educations in the country! It's not the facilities that make things good, it's the attitude and preparation.

Not sure if I'd agree with the "it's still not much" part. The Field Turf was paid for totally by private donations. Same goes with the artificial turf being put down for the soccer field. Dale has been approached several times about upgrading the weight lifting facilities. Has said "no thanks; put the money into the building renovation campaign". The folks and businesses have put a lot of money (over a million $) into renovating the class rooms and school buildings. That is priority no. 1 as it should be.

Certainly agree with you that facilities do not determine success; rather that it is attitude and preparation. Doing the most with the least!