Sporstmanship

Last night at the St Pat/Augusta baseball game an act of sportsmanship was displayed that every person needed to see. A young man for St Pat got to bat for his first time. And thanks to the coaching staff of Augusta and the entire team and the umpires Steve Martin and Arron Haney this happen. Winning and losing sometimes don't mean anything, if you could had seen this young man face after this bat, he was the winner at this game. We talk about sportsmanship a lot, but we don't see it much until last night. Augusta was a class act and so was the umpires. I will never forget what happen last night at Augusta. Thanks to everyone.

You just had to be there to understand

Then don't get on here and post a bunch of nothing if we "had to be there."

How hard is it to just tell us the sportsmanship so we can heap praise upon the worthy parties?

He was a special boy ok

Come on. Either don't start a thread or tell the damn story.

Let me guess: The young man has some challenges and both coaches set it up so that he could come in and bat? Did he hit the ball? Get on base?

Sounds like a cool story if you wouldn't treat it like it's top secret.

I coached for many years coaching youth from age 5 to age 16 and some of my most fond memories were when I had special needs children playing for me and the fun that we all had. The entire team learned from the special needs children. Hats off to Augusta and St. Pat for making a lifetime memory for this young man!

Wow! Lighten up Francis!

That's fair. I came off a bit strong when he was so vague. I truly wanted to hear the act of sportsmanship and didn't take kindly to "you had to be there." Surely, we can all agree that it's odd to start a thread about sportsmanship and then not tell anyone what happened, right?

I do apologize to stpatbaseball. I do appreciate him getting the sportsmanship story out. We need more of those.