Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did a teacher from Highlands get fired for inappropriate communication with a student

Featured Replies

From your previous post you said a guy/uwomen going after one of their son's/daughter's barely legal (I would assume 18) friends. When does it become okay for an older person to attempt to date someone they're attracted to that is younger, but of a legal age? How small of a gap must their be for it to be acceptable? How old must the younger person be?

 

Any number that i give is arbitrary. However, you feel comfortable w a 30year old going after an 18 year old? I am 31, and I find it incomprehensible. To answer your question w my arbitrary age I would say at about age 25 age gaps aren't that big of a deal.

  • Replies 246
  • Views 28.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Channel 12 is trying to make the school out to be the bad guy in this, because they were wise enough not to give them any juicy information. Of course, they used the open records law to get what they wanted.

 

I just watched the report and I didn't get the vibe you got.

I just watched the report and I didn't get the vibe you got.

 

C'mon Clyde. Someone is always out to get Highlands because they're jealous. :D

I don't think this reflects poorly on a school unless they somehow knew and covered it up. HHS has gone quiet and I get that.

Victimless crime therefore case closed, let's move on.:ohbrother:

My buddy married his divorce attorney and Now works part time and Playa a lot of golf.LOL

 

 

 

 

Last I checked, I wasn't the legislature. I did give my opinion, and it was, if you really like each other wait until graduation. Even then, I hardly find it ok for a 30 year-old to date his 17 year-old student, or whatever. I also don't find it ok for a lawyer to engage in sex w/ a client. I also didn't say anything about criminalization. I posted the Regulation that as far as I could tell, only covered suspending or revoking of a teacher's license. That is Constitutional. You are allowed to hold professionals to a code of ethics, and fire them for violations.

 

So, to be short, I find it wrong for a high school teacher to mess around w/ one of his/her students. I find it wrong for a father to mess around with a barely legal friend of his daughters, (or a mother and son's friends). Just because two people consented doesn't mean that the older person should stop being the adult in the situation.

Teachers messing around with students goes way back. Heck I had a football coach once who had a classmate of Mine babysitting his two Little ones while in School and 2 yrs after graduating I see them at the mall holding hands. Sad thing is he Was in his fifties and she Was 20

Teachers messing around with students goes way back. Heck I had a football coach once who had a classmate of Mine babysitting his two Little ones while in School and 2 yrs after graduating I see them at the mall holding hands. Sad thing is he Was in his fifties and she Was 20

 

Sad for who.....:D jk.

My buddy married his divorce attorney and Now works part time and Playa a lot of golf.LOL

 

There are codes of Professional Responsibility that lawyers are held to. While representing a client, you can't be messing around w her. Your buddy's case depends on when they hooked up. If it was after everything and she no longer represented him, then that is fine (from what I remember). Kudos to him for living the dream.

From what I read, the school isn't talking to parents either. Has anything been communicated?

 

Nope.

I don't think this reflects poorly on a school unless they somehow knew and covered it up. HHS has gone quiet and I get that.

 

Agreed

But by the rule of law, the constitutional right, if two people are of LEGAL age they have the right to have a sexual relationship like anyone else without it being criminalized. That is the other issue here, you can't take your personal opinion and force it on others if it goes againts their right by the constitution. And you gave your opinion by saying "can't say that I see how", so are we now going to have courts/groups that will look into what is true love or not, who is in love and who just have lust? It's doesn't matter, two ADULTS have the constitutional right to have sex, reguardless of the reason. That is why the Arkansas law was recently struck down, not sure if anyone challenged it in KY or not.

 

You give up that right when you sign a teaching contract and the code of ethics that come with it. You can very easily choose to do something other than teach. You simply give up the right to have a sexual relationship with a student once you choose to be a teacher.

The teacher resigned before being fired is what my daughter told me today. I still dont think she is out of the water just yet depending on what actually took place. I do know she is no longer employed at Highlands High School.

 

 

I call that "Getting QUIT"

One of the news reports said if the relationship started with the student before he was 18, she could be charged with a class D felony and go up from there depending what happened. If it started when he was 18, she can not be charged but can be fired for violating school policy. Though she resigned, not sure if anything else will come about if he was 18. I don't know if she would lose her teaching credentials to teach at another school.

Her reputation is pretty much shot now that her picture has been posted on the news. From what I understand she came to the school to teach business classes and came from the private business sector. My daughter actually had her for a teacher and said many of the Sr boys disrespected her in class and didnt listen to her much at all. I am guessing they knew what may have been going on hence the lack of respect.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.