May 2, 201214 yr The Worst Call of the Year | FanGraphs Baseball I think replay might have been good to use here.
May 2, 201214 yr The Worst Call of the Year | FanGraphs Baseball I think replay might have been good to use here. No way he was called out. Unless CB Buckner was the 1st base ump.
May 2, 201214 yr How in God's name does an ump miss that call? He should be banished to the minor leagues for the remainder of the season.
May 2, 201214 yr No way he was called out. Unless CB Buckner was the 1st base ump. He was indeed called out.
May 2, 201214 yr How do the other umpires not overule the 1st base umpire on this play? When was this play?
May 2, 201214 yr Author No way he was called out. Unless CB Buckner was the 1st base ump. It was Welke, I would assume close to the bag on the right side.
May 2, 201214 yr Author How do the other umpires not overule the 1st base umpire on this play? When was this play? Earlier today.
May 2, 201214 yr It was Welke, I would assume close to the bag on the right side. Where is the ball in the picture? It doesn't look like Helton is even stretching yet. It looks as though he's came of the bag to stop an errant throw.
May 2, 201214 yr Author Where is the ball in the picture? It doesn't look like Helton is even stretching yet. It looks as though he's came of the bag to stop an errant throw. That picture is when Helton caught the ball. He did come off the catch the throw, that is the amazing part. :lol: I wish I could see a video of it but I can't find one.
May 2, 201214 yr Where the heck is the umpire positioned on this play? I'm guessing the men's room, or the concession stand. Did the manager get tossed? I would have.
May 2, 201214 yr Welke is the umpire that was behind the plate during last Thursday's BDS when Marshall had the blown save.
May 2, 201214 yr Here's a video. Welke should be fired. I don't want to hear everyone makes a mistake. If you can't umpire any better than this you don't deserve a job in MLB. http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=21095337&topic_id&c_id=mlb&tcid=fb_video_21095337
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.