Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Worst call of the year...

Featured Replies

How many Dodgers were ejected?

How in God's name does an ump miss that call?

 

He should be banished to the minor leagues for the remainder of the season.

Why do you hate the minor leagues? This dude should be fired.

I saw this myself tonight and must say I was shocked....that is crazy bad....I don't know Helton didn't fall down laughing on his way to the Rockies dugout.

That is the worst call I have ever seen a MLB umpire make. In fact, I am having trouble thinking of any call I have seen on any level from Knothole D league on up as bad as that one.

That's pathetic. That guy should hang 'em up.

That might be one of the worst calls I've seen in sports, ever.

I saw this myself tonight and must say I was shocked....that is crazy bad....I don't know Helton didn't fall down laughing on his way to the Rockies dugout.

 

You can tell he had to force himself to run to the dugout. He hesitates after the ump calls out, turns around, glances at home to make sure its not overruled, and then trots to the dugout.

I start monday as a slow pitch umpire. If I thought there might be a mistake on my part I would have asked the Home plate ump to appeal the call and ask him "did you see something I missed". (he would have a great view) You want to get the call right even if you have to swallow some pride.

 

The ump in question has plenty of years of working the Majors and should see the call on tape and go to a Press Conference and explain himself and then lose two weeks of work.

 

One thing they teach in clincs that I hate is..."every close call you call safe, you work longer"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.