Christian Moerlein Lager House, Wrigley South Ad

Brand spanking new Banks tenant and neighbor of the Cincinnati Reds and Great American Ball Park, Christian Moerlein Lager House, place an ill-designed and worded advertisement on page 15 in the April 25 issue of Cincinnati CityBeat. Advertising a special aimed at baseball fans attending this week’s series with the Cubs, the phrase “Wrigley South” was placed in a graphic inspired by the famous marquee at Wrigley Field. As a Reds fan and a proud Cincinnatian, this is a utter punch to the gut.

While “Wrigley South” is a term that GABP earned a few years ago describing how Cubs fans would out number Reds fans during their match-ups in Cincinnati, using that as a concept to advertise your restaurant is utterly ridiculous.

moerlein-lager-house_wrigley-south_01.jpg

http://omgreds.com/2012/04/29/this-is-crap/

Not sure if this should be here or GD. Does this make anyone mad or don't care at all?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh stop, nothing more than a good advertising move. With the number of Cubbie fans headed this way, they will stop in just cause of the image. They are tapping the market of the moment for the series.

And irk the people who will be patronizing the place year round? For a series? Whoever thought this up or didn't think to veto this should probably be looking for a new job. Advertising is not their forte.

Oh stop, nothing more than a good advertising move. With the number of Cubbie fans headed this way, they will stop in just cause of the image. They are tapping the market of the moment for the series.

Is it really good advertising? Yes it will draw some Cubs fans but it will certainly irk some Reds fans that will be giving you business 365 days of the year vs less than 10 days of Cubs fans that are from out of town.

And irk the people who will be patronizing the place year round? For a series? Whoever thought this up or didn't think to veto this should probably be looking for a new job. Advertising is not their forte.

And a year from now, no one will even remember it. First off what is Citybeat? Second, can't wait to see what ad they place when the Steelers come to town.

Is it really good advertising? Yes it will draw some Cubs fans but it will certainly irk some Reds fans that will be giving you business 365 days of the year vs less than 10 days of Cubs fans that are from out of town.

If your eating their 365 days a year, I want your job.

And a year from now, no one will even remember it. First off what is Citybeat? Second, can't wait to see what ad they place when the Steelers come to town.

I would hope most self-respecting Reds fans would keep this in mind. I imagine after the negative publicity they just purchased themselves they'll be spending even more money correcting it.

I would hope most self-respecting Reds fans would keep this in mind. I imagine after the negative publicity they just purchased themselves they'll be spending even more money correcting it.

Doubt it, like I said how many people actually saw it?

It's getting spread all around Facebook and the Blogs as we speak. I've seen it shared on Facebook at least 5 times and not to mention the number of message boards it will be on.

City Beat is a local Cincinnati entertainment newspaper.

A lot more now that it's going to be discussed on every Reds site, twitter, facebook and probably catch some press. Hell I might call and "Ask Marty" about it. :lol: These things don't happen in a vacuum. It's a silly decision across the board.

It's getting spread all around Facebook and the Blogs as we speak. I've seen it shared on Facebook at least 5 times and not to mention the number of message boards it will be on.

Oh my bad, if its on Facebook well that changes everything. No one in the city will now go and it will close by end of May..............