Pitching coach search...

Danielle Baer is an outstanding pitcing coach. She has worked at Diamonds and Dreams with Chris Minor for several years. I have seen her work with pitchers for a few years and they have all had good results.

You have too be drunk to make this statement. She doesn't have a clue and her past results with the Explosion and now release from Boone show why. Hase no idea how to relate to players.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to stay off of this thread but I am going to add my 2 cents here.

1. To get better you have to pitch everyday. It does not matter if it is 30 pitches or 1000 (not really but you get my drift) a day, the only way you get better is by working at it. If all she can throw is a fast ball make sure it is the best fast ball she can throw and make sure she can hit her spots.

2. You can pay a pitching coach $50/hour or $100/hour but it does not mean they are good. Some people are just out there to make a buck and that is what is sad about the whole thing. I knew a very good pitching coach, now deceased, (had pitchers pitch at UNC, Texas A&M, Southeastern Louisiana and many others) who never took a dime for his lessons. He just wanted those kids to do their best and his payment was when those kids came back and saw him during the summer. He was just that type of guy.

I am not sure who is good around here but I would do some research before going to them. Call up and ask questions, it is your money. Ask where they have kids pitching in college. That will tell you A LOT!

You have too be drunk to make this statement. She doesn't have a clue and her past results with the Explosion and now release from Boone show why. Hase no idea how to relate to players.

Coming from a guy who got fired at NDA and wants to give no credit to the new coach who has the girls playing much better than in years past. Every time the subject of NDA comes up you want to point to building a foundation well if that foundation was built well you wouldn't have got fired. Did they fire you for no reason? I have heard that you had trouble getting along with players and parents but let me guess that was all the fault of those mean NDA parents.

How many kids are coming to you for lessons? You seem to know more than a D 2 coach and others.

Coming from a guy who got fired at NDA and wants to give no credit to the new coach who has the girls playing much better than in years past. Every time the subject of NDA comes up you want to point to building a foundation well if that foundation was built well you wouldn't have got fired. Did they fire you for no reason? I have heard that you had trouble getting along with players and parents but let me guess that was all the fault of those mean NDA parents.

How many kids are coming to you for lessons? You seem to know more than a D 2 coach and others.

SSC - I think you have me confused for the wrong guy. I know the prior NDA coach well but will not comment on issues that I was not privy to personally. I like the new coach, the way the NDA softball program is moving and wish the NDA girls and their program nothing but the best of luck. They have obviously done things right and I assume that they will dominate their weak district and contend for the region starting this year.

:popcorn:

SSC - I think you have me confused for the wrong guy. I know the prior NDA coach well but will not comment on issues that I was not privy to personally. I like the new coach, the way the NDA softball program is moving and wish the NDA girls and their program nothing but the best of luck. They have obviously done things right and I assume that they will dominate their weak district and contend for the region starting this year.

:popcorn:

SSC - I think you need to get your facts straight.

1. Blue Colonel did not coach NDA last year, I did...I've always gone by BabyD22 which was my nickname at Thomas More and free to me as a high school coach, but I had to do a little different naming convention since I no longer coach and now have to pay to be part of BGP. And as you can see, I don't post a lot, just view more than anything.

2. Maybe I was a good coach to some, a bad coach to others, but I can state one thing I firmly believe - We left the NDA program in better shape 3 years later than we found it.

3. Joe Stephenson is a great guy and good coach. He coached the summer programs for me, including my daughter, the last two years and was a great selection. I'm sure it also helps that the rest of a very talented coaching staff stayed in tact and the players all returned a year better, stronger and more mature. I wish them all well in the future.

4. If you know so much, please let me know since you seem to have all the answers, you must have been in the meeting with Ms. Gunning. Better yet, why don't you call Kim yourself before you go opening your mouth on a subject you don't have first hand knowledge about, including my wife's cancer recovery the last two years, etc.

5. Looking for a good pitching coach in NKY - Chip Gregg is a good choice, I think Chris Minor is great with the amount of work and improvement Bridget Stewart has put into it the last few years, but my money goes with Jessica Birkenhauer Rawe - my friend and pitching coach while at NDA. She was able to teach me quite a few things over the years and filled a huge void in one area of softball that I did not have experience in.

6. Finally, I don't fault anybody at NDA. Quite frankly, Kim may have done me a favor by putting things and life back into perspective. Life in the stands watching my 3 daughters isn't so bad. I don't have a problem getting along with most reasonable, decent people, and I think that includes the NDA parents. It's just the aholes like you I don't get along with...if you want to say something, then say it directly to me. I'm easily found in the book.

David

SSC - I think you need to get your facts straight.

1. Blue Colonel did not coach NDA last year, I did...I've always gone by BabyD22 which was my nickname at Thomas More and free to me as a high school coach, but I had to do a little different naming convention since I no longer coach and now have to pay to be part of BGP. And as you can see, I don't post a lot, just view more than anything.

2. Maybe I was a good coach to some, a bad coach to others, but I can state one thing I firmly believe - We left the NDA program in better shape 3 years later than we found it.

3. Joe Stephenson is a great guy and good coach. He coached the summer programs for me, including my daughter, the last two years and was a great selection. I'm sure it also helps that the rest of a very talented coaching staff stayed in tact and the players all returned a year better, stronger and more mature. I wish them all well in the future.

4. If you know so much, please let me know since you seem to have all the answers, you must have been in the meeting with Ms. Gunning. Better yet, why don't you call Kim yourself before you go opening your mouth on a subject you don't have first hand knowledge about, including my wife's cancer recovery the last two years, etc.

5. Looking for a good pitching coach in NKY - Chip Gregg is a good choice, I think Chris Minor is great with the amount of work and improvement Bridget Stewart has put into it the last few years, but my money goes with Jessica Birkenhauer Rawe - my friend and pitching coach while at NDA. She was able to teach me quite a few things over the years and filled a huge void in one area of softball that I did not have experience in.

6. Finally, I don't fault anybody at NDA. Quite frankly, Kim may have done me a favor by putting things and life back into perspective. Life in the stands watching my 3 daughters isn't so bad. I don't have a problem getting along with most reasonable, decent people, and I think that includes the NDA parents. It's just the aholes like you I don't get along with...if you want to say something, then say it directly to me. I'm easily found in the book.

David

First let me say I am very sorry about your wife's cancer. I am not sure what my post had to do with that but best wishes to her in a speedy recover.

Second if you and the Blue Colonel are not the same person I would say I am wrong, The Blue Colonel was taking shots at a friend of mine so I was attempting to take up for him. I would think the Blue Colonel is your biggest fan ever so maybe you could see why I could have thought that was you.

Third in my post I said 2 things first you were fired which is believed to be a fact I don't need to talk to the AD this is a message board not Night Court. Second that you have had trouble getting along with some players and parents, I have heard this first hand from several people I respect so again I feel fine in my statement. I know no less than 10 people that have either played summer ball or HS ball for you and not 1 is a big fan of yours, but I guess you are right and they are wrong. With that being said I really don't care who is right and if you are a good or bad coach you have but in a lot of effort to at least try and be successful in which you should be appauled for.

Fourth since you are a computer tough guy and like to call people aholes on here I will make sure I introduce myself to you at districts, I believe NDA will play HC in the first round and I am sure NDA will win. Don't worry I won't have trouble picking you out.

To defend the previous Notre Dame coach, I believe he did a great job of getting more girls playing, and playing better. I think he got a lot of work done on the field (probably was due to very involved parents) and most importantly, as he said, he left the program in much better shape than when he got there. He hired quality coaches, many of whom continue today.

Unfortunately SSC we disagree again. This coach could coach any daughter I had in softball anytime. He has a heart of gold and works to make the program better regardless of the sport he coaches.

I have thought much about our differences of opinion, and maybe it comes down to this. You may have a daughter that is a D-1 player, but that is a rarity in this area. We need quality coaches that care about improving the kids and their respective programs.

To defend the previous Notre Dame coach, I believe he did a great job of getting more girls playing, and playing better. I think he got a lot of work done on the field (probably was due to very involved parents) and most importantly, as he said, he left the program in much better shape than when he got there. He hired quality coaches, many of whom continue today.

Unfortunately SSC we disagree again. This coach could coach any daughter I had in softball anytime. He has a heart of gold and works to make the program better regardless of the sport he coaches.

I have thought much about our differences of opinion, and maybe it comes down to this. You may have a daughter that is a D-1 player, but that is a rarity in this area. We need quality coaches that care about improving the kids and their respective programs.

History I do agree, and I tried to make reference to that in my post good bad or indifferent I think he deserves credit for the effort he put fourth at both NDA and in summer ball. Truthfully I don't know if he is a good or bad coach, I am just now sharing some details that were shared with me. As far as coaching my daughter I would be fine with it if he was my daughters HS coach, not so much for summer.

History I do agree, and I tried to make reference to that in my post good bad or indifferent I think he deserves credit for the effort he put fourth at both NDA and in summer ball. Truthfully I don't know if he is a good or bad coach, I am just now sharing some details that were shared with me. As far as coaching my daughter I would be fine with it if he was my daughters HS coach, not so much for summer.

To be honest I don't think there are any coaches around here who could coach softball on the level your daughter plays on or what we are used too!

.I've always gone by BabyD22 which was my nickname at Thomas More and free to me as a high school coach, but I had to do a little different naming convention since I no longer coach and now have to pay to be part of BGP. And as you can see, I don't post a lot, just view more than anything.

That doesn't make sense. You said in another thread you let your ID expire and just came back in Feb 2012. Bigzig just came back but all of his prior posts show in his total and his join date shows 2004.

05-01-2012, 10:41 AM #1

BIGZIG

All American

Sep 2004

Covington, Ky.

Guru doesn't get rid of old IDs.

First let me say I am very sorry about your wife's cancer. I am not sure what my post had to do with that but best wishes to her in a speedy recover.

Second if you and the Blue Colonel are not the same person I would say I am wrong, The Blue Colonel was taking shots at a friend of mine so I was attempting to take up for him. I would think the Blue Colonel is your biggest fan ever so maybe you could see why I could have thought that was you.

Third in my post I said 2 things first you were fired which is believed to be a fact I don't need to talk to the AD this is a message board not Night Court. Second that you have had trouble getting along with some players and parents, I have heard this first hand from several people I respect so again I feel fine in my statement. I know no less than 10 people that have either played summer ball or HS ball for you and not 1 is a big fan of yours, but I guess you are right and they are wrong. With that being said I really don't care who is right and if you are a good or bad coach you have but in a lot of effort to at least try and be successful in which you should be appauled for.

Fourth since you are a computer tough guy and like to call people aholes on here I will make sure I introduce myself to you at districts, I believe NDA will play HC in the first round and I am sure NDA will win. Don't worry I won't have trouble picking you out.

SSC - Thanks for your prayers. We can always use as many as we can get. The important thing is she is cancer free 18 months out. The obvious point of the post was it took my time, focus and energy away from coaching softball.

BC is a close friend and ex-player - old news and time to move on for all of us.

Night Court or Kangaroo Court, I don't need to justify myself and you don't need to defend yourself. We can agree to disagree that all the details will never, and don't need to be made public. And I'm sorry if those 10 parents feel that way. It was never about being right or wrong, it was about the kids.

Finally, I apologize for the last part, uncalled for and unacceptable on my part. I know you and vice versa. I think your daughter is the best all round player hitter in the region and voted accordingly the last few years. But, you won't find me at the NDA games...I follow them and wish them the best, but like I said, I'm in the stands now watching my daughter enjoy herself playing for Villa. She has decided to attend there next year as a freshman.

This should hopefully end it and good luck the rest of the high school and summer into college season.