Pitching coach search...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure of any names, but seen him always working lessons when my daughter would have a game at NKU. He told me once he was the best pitching coach around here. He seemed to be cracking jokes more than teaching, but the kids seem to like him.

Not sure of any names, but seen him always working lessons when my daughter would have a game at NKU. He told me once he was the best pitching coach around here. He seemed to be cracking jokes more than teaching, but the kids seem to like him.
Lol, I hope that was a tongue-in-cheek comment from Chip. I'm not sure there has been a "top tier" pitcher in this area that Chip has instructed.

Who do NDA's pitchers go to , Sham? Someone local?

Can you tell me some players that Chip has worked with? That is always a good indicator of the kind of instructor he may be.

Bracken's pitchers worked with Chip Gregg for years. He worked with Katelyn Meyer who went on to Thomas More and played for a year. He worked with Sara Sticklen who went out with an ACL injury during basketball season but would've been the best pitcher in the tenth region this season otherwise. He worked with Emma Conley who is only a sophomore with 12 wins under her belt with a pretty hefty schedule.

I'm not about to take jabs at Chip on this site like others because he knows his stuff pretty well and worked well with these girls and they've been successful as a result of things he taught them.

Some people love Chris Minor at Diamonds and Dreams also, I am not her biggest fan but she knows a heck of a lot more than I about pitching. She has had several D1 pitchers over the years. She is in Tri County

Kirsten Allen worked out there.

Chip's problem is he was alway on his cellphone trying to make his next deal.

John Zoellner is at Wilder Town and Country but he has a different approach than most.

Like what I have seen from Chris Minor's subjects.

Save yourself some money and watch a website video and then work with some area coaches with a pitching background.

No one in NKY knows enough to make a difference.

Bracken's pitchers worked with Chip Gregg for years. He worked with Katelyn Meyer who went on to Thomas More and played for a year. He worked with Sara Sticklen who went out with an ACL injury during basketball season but would've been the best pitcher in the tenth region this season otherwise. He worked with Emma Conley who is only a sophomore with 12 wins under her belt with a pretty hefty schedule.

I'm not about to take jabs at Chip on this site like others because he knows his stuff pretty well and worked well with these girls and they've been successful as a result of things he taught them.

Chip's problem is he was alway on his cellphone trying to make his next deal.

John Zoellner is at Wilder Town and Country but he has a different approach than most.

Like what I have seen from Chris Minor's subjects.

Save yourself some money and watch a website video and then work with some area coaches with a pitching background.

No one in NKY knows enough to make a difference.

Sometimes, it's about how much girls want to push themselves and work too. Simply working with a pitching coach an hour a week isn't going to cut it either...no matter how brilliant he/she may be.

I'm not sure who you thought took a jab at Chip, it just seems to me that people are dying to throw their money at anyone and hope that will make their kid a star. Bottom line, the only thing that is going to make a kid a great pitcher is hours and hours of practice. Are you ready for that?

I'm not sure who you thought took a jab at Chip, it just seems to me that people are dying to throw their money at anyone and hope that will make their kid a star. Bottom line, the only thing that is going to make a kid a great pitcher is hours and hours of practice. Are you ready for that?

I agree and disagree with that statement. First off, my kid doesn't need to be a star, just an effective part of her team and the best she can be. Secondly, you can go out and throw a million pitches a day, but if you're doing them wrong, all you're doing is creating bad habits. I'm a big believer in drills to better your pitching ands having someone to critique and correct you, not just going out and wearing your arm out with a bunch if the same pitch...you don't learn anything with that...no different pitches, different grips, etc. Practice does make perfect, but not if you're practicing wrong;)

I agree and disagree with that statement. First off, my kid doesn't need to be a star, just an effective part of her team and the best she can be. Secondly, you can go out and throw a million pitches a day, but if you're doing them wrong, all you're doing is creating bad habits. I'm a big believer in drills to better your pitching ands having someone to critique and correct you, not just going out and wearing your arm out with a bunch if the same pitch...you don't learn anything with that...no different pitches, different grips, etc. Practice does make perfect, but not if you're practicing wrong;)
I think we agree, it is what is more important that we might be disagreeing on. 30 minutes per week of instruction without practice is totally useless, and like someone mentioned before most of the grips and drills can be found online with a little research. The hardest part is trying to critique while your kid is throwing pitches at you at 50+ MPH. The problem for pitching instructors is they can give the best instruction in the world and the kid doesn't practice they will not get better. Then do they tell the kid to quit coming(loss of income) or keep instructing with no results(loss of credibility).

Very very true...been there done that:) in a perfect world, she would have a dedicated pitching coach working with her each day during practice:) I wish I could be of more help to her, but I never played a day in my life nor can I catch her! Haha I have watched enough lessons to be able to critique her, although I don't think shed go for that;) off to do some research on teaching the drop ball:)