Pitching coach search...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me say I am very sorry about your wife's cancer. I am not sure what my post had to do with that but best wishes to her in a speedy recover.

Second if you and the Blue Colonel are not the same person I would say I am wrong, The Blue Colonel was taking shots at a friend of mine so I was attempting to take up for him. I would think the Blue Colonel is your biggest fan ever so maybe you could see why I could have thought that was you.

Third in my post I said 2 things first you were fired which is believed to be a fact I don't need to talk to the AD this is a message board not Night Court. Second that you have had trouble getting along with some players and parents, I have heard this first hand from several people I respect so again I feel fine in my statement. I know no less than 10 people that have either played summer ball or HS ball for you and not 1 is a big fan of yours, but I guess you are right and they are wrong. With that being said I really don't care who is right and if you are a good or bad coach you have but in a lot of effort to at least try and be successful in which you should be appauled for.

Fourth since you are a computer tough guy and like to call people aholes on here I will make sure I introduce myself to you at districts, I believe NDA will play HC in the first round and I am sure NDA will win. Don't worry I won't have trouble picking you out.

I'm not touching any of this, even with a ten foot pole.

SSC - Thanks for your prayers. We can always use as many as we can get. The important thing is she is cancer free 18 months out. The obvious point of the post was it took my time, focus and energy away from coaching softball.

BC is a close friend and ex-player - old news and time to move on for all of us.

Night Court or Kangaroo Court, I don't need to justify myself and you don't need to defend yourself. We can agree to disagree that all the details will never, and don't need to be made public. And I'm sorry if those 10 parents feel that way. It was never about being right or wrong, it was about the kids.

Finally, I apologize for the last part, uncalled for and unacceptable on my part. I know you and vice versa. I think your daughter is the best all round player hitter in the region and voted accordingly the last few years. But, you won't find me at the NDA games...I follow them and wish them the best, but like I said, I'm in the stands now watching my daughter enjoy herself playing for Villa. She has decided to attend there next year as a freshman.

This should hopefully end it and good luck the rest of the high school and summer into college season.

End of story, good luck to your family at Villa.

To be honest I don't think there are any coaches around here who could coach softball on the level your daughter plays on or what we are used too!

Thanks I think!!

I some what disagree, my daughter is very lucky to get to play at a high level during travel ball and there are some great coaches but again there are coaches that are not as strong but have great connections with college coaches and at that level that is the most important thing. We have 3 teams in our org, the guy the runs the org I would hardly agree with as far as x' and o's. I think at last count we had 41 out of 45 kids getting full or almost full rides to D1 schools, hard for me say he doesn't know what he is doing. The guy that coaches our team is great with x' and o's him and the head of the org never see I to I but they work it out.

Doug Anderson formely with the DOOM who my daughter played with the last couple of years is not a great teacher but is a great coach. I would never go to him for hitting or fielding advice but every thing else he brings to the table is great. I would play with him any day of the week.

I think it is hard to be strong in all areas as far as coaching, I think as far as travel ball goes you need a staff that all can work together and get the most out of it.

I am not a great coach so these are just my thoughts on some things that I have seen. Heck I think Dusty Baker is the worse coach ever but is like top 10 or 20 in career wins so again what do I know!

SSC - Thanks for your prayers. We can always use as many as we can get. The important thing is she is cancer free 18 months out. The obvious point of the post was it took my time, focus and energy away from coaching softball.

This is great news and good to hear. Thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you, your wife and family. Thanks for all your hard work at ND and good luck to your daughter at Villa.

Bracken's pitchers worked with Chip Gregg for years. He worked with Katelyn Meyer who went on to Thomas More and played for a year. He worked with Sara Sticklen who went out with an ACL injury during basketball season but would've been the best pitcher in the tenth region this season otherwise. He worked with Emma Conley who is only a sophomore with 12 wins under her belt with a pretty hefty schedule.

I'm not about to take jabs at Chip on this site like others because he knows his stuff pretty well and worked well with these girls and they've been successful as a result of things he taught them.

Amen to that. He has done a GREAT job with Bracken's pitchers.