Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is UK losing a good thing?

Featured Replies

I am sorry but a loss is never a good thing. To believe a loss is a good thing is ridiculous. I am pretty sure Cal did not go into the locker room after this game and say, "Guys, don't worry about this game, this loss is a good thing."

 

PLEASE, all of these people saying it is a good thing are crazy!

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's never good to lose and give teams a blueprint on how to beat you. Especially in a one and done scenario. Because this was the third time they played Vandy this loss means little because of the familiarity with one another but if I had to play UK I'd study this game.

I am sorry but a loss is never a good thing. To believe a loss is a good thing is ridiculous. I am pretty sure Cal did not go into the locker room after this game and say, "Guys, don't worry about this game, this loss is a good thing."

 

PLEASE, all of these people saying it is a good thing are crazy!

 

 

I remember hearing the same thing in 1996.

I don't think it matters much either way, honestly.

What I've noticed is that over the course of the year is that UK is not near as good when they have to play the early weekend games. 1E / 12C. They have had 11 early games this season. And while they finished 10-1 their average margin of victory over those games is only 8.5 pts. If you take out the 38 pt. victory over Penn State than that average drops to 5.6 pts.

 

UK finished 22-1 for the remaining late afternoon and night games, however, their average margin of victory for those games increased to 22.1 pts.

 

I for one hope that CBS prefers to show the UK games in primetime.

One thing that worried me is that this was one if not the only time they were trailing this year with under 2 minutes to go. Even the lost to Indiana they were winning. They seemed to be nervous in that situation, especially the last minute. Hopefully this experience helps them out though if it comes up again, hopefully it doesn't though.

Coming into the tournament, I didn't think a loss would be good. After watching lazy play in stretches in three games and the lack luster close out against Vandy, I think the loss is good. They know they can not afford to let up like they did in these three games.

I think so, but I do believe that their level of play needs to be much better than it was through the SEC tournament, which I also think will happen.

 

I think they looked a little bit tired at the end. Maybe with the minutes the 6 guys play, 3 games in 3 days wore them down, especially having to guard the 3 line against Fla. and Vandy.

I think they looked a little bit tired at the end. Maybe with the minutes the 6 guys play, 3 games in 3 days wore them down, especially having to guard the 3 line against Fla. and Vandy.

 

I think that is a good point and I agree. Shots that usually fall, did not fall - especially at the end of the game. They did not react well on defense on several key plays down the stretch. Fouling is usually a sign of being tired.

What I've noticed is that over the course of the year is that UK is not near as good when they have to play the early weekend games. 1E / 12C. They have had 11 early games this season. And while they finished 10-1 their average margin of victory over those games is only 8.5 pts. If you take out the 38 pt. victory over Penn State than that average drops to 5.6 pts.

 

UK finished 22-1 for the remaining late afternoon and night games, however, their average margin of victory for those games increased to 22.1 pts.

 

I for one hope that CBS prefers to show the UK games in primetime.

 

Maybe that is because they are up tweeting till all hours of the night. This loss isn't a bad thig. It took an off night from UK shooting and a very gritty Vandy team to win.

UK's length is their best attribute IMO. When a team has seen you 3 times in the last month, that length isn't as big a factor because they are used to it... Other teams won't have that luxury.

 

Plus Vandy is no sloutch... a lot of the talking heads have them going to a sweet 16/elite 8 game. They have the make up with shooters and a strong inside presence to make a deep run IMO. They just have to win that first game.

Odds are you will eventually lose, our odds just got better since we gotta loss out of the way.

Good team? I thought you said this about Vandy when I said that the Commodores were fully capable of beating UK?

 

You can't blame RE for saying that. Prior to their fluke win over UK Sunday, what have they done?

You can't blame RE for saying that. Prior to their fluke win over UK Sunday, what have they done?

 

They had played UK to within 10 points twice. In both games they held a lead with under 10 minutes to go. I think that should have shown that they match up with the Wildcats very well and were more than capable of winning. To think otherwise was just arrogance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.