Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is UK losing a good thing?

Featured Replies

I think so, I believe this gives them an even better shot at winning it all.

 

Thoughts?

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The IU loss was followed by 4 easy games. Not like that proved anything about how this team "bounces back." I just don't see losing as a good thing in any capacity. I definitely don't think it was a deal-breaker, though.

I'm kind of relieved.

Hard to tell. In 3 elimination games UK was played to 9 points, 3 points and beaten by 7. Will that show them what kind of intensity they will face in every NCAA game and help them focus? Or did it show teams 3 different ways to stay in the game with UK?

One of my friends has told me for a month he wanted to lose a game. Any game, at any time. I don't buy that a loss is 100% needed. But I also don't buy that it has to be a bad thing. Losses or tough games are all about what the team does to respond. If it takes a loss for a team to realize that is not invincible and needs to focus and come out playing, then it can have a positive effect. Of course, they really should know that anyway.

  • Author

I think it gives the coach and head shrink more of a leg to stand on when he tells his future NBAers they need to listen up and do it his way if they want to win out.

I just said this on Facebook, I have a bunch of Cat fans buddies over there. I said.."if UK won I might have them in the final 4, since they lost I'll have them in the final 2 and maybe winning it all".. I also reminded them of Bama losing to LSU and their come back masacare of LSU.

 

Cats at 8 minutes were up 5/6 didn't score a basket to maybe 2 minutes left. Lleave the three alone. Vandy's zone gave them some fits...But Miller and Lamb had some good looks.

Sure helped in 1996. Hope this team has the same destiny. I say it's tough to beat a team 3 times, especially a good team like Vandy. CATS will refocus and be ready to rock L'ville on Thursday night. Nice to see Miller get some confidence going.

Sure helped in 1996. Hope this team has the same destiny. I say it's tough to beat a team 3 times, especially a good team like Vandy. CATS will refocus and be ready to rock L'ville on Thursday night. Nice to see Miller get some confidence going.

 

Good team? I thought you said this about Vandy when I said that the Commodores were fully capable of beating UK?

 

Then why haven't they? Vanderbilt will never win anything outside of their gimmick gym and with Stallings leading them. He is a joke and is a forever Cal wannabe.
Good team? I thought you said this about Vandy when I said that the Commodores were fully capable of beating UK?

 

:popcorn:

I think so, but I do believe that their level of play needs to be much better than it was through the SEC tournament, which I also think will happen.

It is what it is, if they win out then it was a good thing. If they lose anywhere along the way then it was because the Vandy loss took their swagger away.

Good team? I thought you said this about Vandy when I said that the Commodores were fully capable of beating UK?

 

You are good AverageJoes Gym at finding these quotes and then ramming them home!!

 

It is a quality I like about you. (Not a jab at RE, but some UK fans never get the way they make over the top statements year after year.)

You are good AverageJoes Gym at finding these quotes and then ramming them home!!

 

It is a quality I like about you. (Not a jab at RE, but some UK fans never get the way they make over the top statements year after year.)

 

I love UK, the over the top fans can get to me. I had a hard time believing that the SEC Tourney Championship was a foregone conclusion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.