11th Region 2006

dmd31base

There are some teams I know very little about so if you think something should be different just add it on. These are just how I think things will turn out. Remember it's still VERY early.

41st District

1.Woodford County

2.Franklin County

3.Frankfort

4.Western Hills

*I do not know much about his district, however I think the top 2 teams will be this way with Frankfort and Western Hills being a toss up

42nd District

1.Henry Clay

2.Scott County

3.Bryan Station

4.Sayre

*I'd say Henry Clay will win this district pretty easily. I don't know much about these teams either, but this is how it'll probably turn out.

43rd District

Talk about a tough District!! It's very possible that every team in this district will be ranked in the top 25.

1.LCA

2.Lexington Catholic

3.Tates Creek

4/5. Dunbar/Lafayette

*I figure LCA and Catholic will represent this district in regions, but after that I'd say it is pretty much a toss up. Somebody from lexington want to help me out on this one.

44th District

1.Model

2.Madison Southern

3.Madison Central

4.Berea

*The winner this district will depend on who is playing the best ball at the time. Any of the top 3 teams could win, but its more realistic that Model or Southern win. They both return a lot of talented starters, while Central loses 9 starters they need to replace. While Berea hasan't won a game in few years they are improving and working hard everyday. Hopefully this is their year.

Personally, I see Catholic taking the Region this year, they return basically the whole team and they are motivated to win.

This is just my opinion, if yours is different dont yell at me, just post it along with reasons and we'll debate over it. Any way you look at it, it should be another fun region.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 43rd looks right to me, Lex. Christian is still loaded this year, Tates Creek will be young this year. I look for maybe Dunbar to come in 3rd with Lafayette 4th and the Dores coming in 5th. However I agree totally with what you said, this will be a tough district and wouldn't be surprised to see any of the 5 to come out of the district.

in the 41st district it shall be woodford, westerhills,f ranklin county then frankfort frankfort is very weak this year and westernhils is much better than last year . Not only that but franklin county should stay the same maybe even be a little weaker than last year but who knows.

Ranking the 11th region:

1. LCA

2. Lexington Catholic

3. Tates Creek

4. Lafayette

5. Henry Clay

6. Dunbar

7.Woodford County

8. Scott County

9. Franklin County

10. Model

11. Madison Souther

13. Western Hills

14. Madison Central

15. Sayre

16. Bryan Station

17. Frankfort

18. Berea

Winning the 11th region is hard to do regardless of how good you are. This year getting out of the district may be as hard as the region. Whoever gets out of 42nd district will be the favorites to meet in the region finals. LCA will be the favorite but winning title is a whole different thing. LCA got breaks last year but you make your own breaks and they made alot happen. Don't forget to look at pitching when it comes to winning region and LCA has more depth and talent than ever on the mound. Like I said LCA and Catholic will be the favorites but either one or both could lose in first round of districts and open up the whole region.

Ranking the 11th region:

1. LCA

2. Lexington Catholic

3. Tates Creek

4. Lafayette

5. Henry Clay

6. Dunbar

7.Woodford County

8. Scott County

9. Franklin County

10. Model

11. Madison Souther

13. Western Hills

14. Madison Central

15. Sayre

16. Bryan Station

17. Frankfort

18. Berea

Hmm...counting Henry Clay and their 12 seniors out already...

I'm not trying to cut Henry Clay in fact they will be in regionals easier than any team that was ranked before them, but with what I have seen coming back this is where I would rank them. Maybe you should rank them yourself because this time of year opinions is all you have. As far as 12 seniors this would concern me if I was at Henry Clay because most of them never played last year and usually if you haven't played before senior year you will be passed over for younger player.

Ranking the 11th region:

1. LCA

2. Lexington Catholic

3. Tates Creek

4. Lafayette

5. Henry Clay

6. Dunbar

7.Woodford County

8. Scott County

9. Franklin County

10. Model

11. Madison Souther