Jeriah Hightower ends career eclipsing 3,000 yards in Semi-State game.

The storybook career of Jeriah Hightower comes to an end after a 184 yard performance against a very stingy Johnson Central run defense.

Hightower's last outing made him the all-time leading rusher in Madisonville North Hopkins (MNHS) history, breaking the 50 year old record of Sonny Collins (former UK record holder prior to Benny Snell). Jeriah finished the season with 3,001 yards, which also is the single season record for MNHS, and ranks 8th all-time in Kentucky state history.

Hightower has ran for 6,343 yards in his career, placing him 18th on the all-time career rushing list. Congratulations to this young man for the stellar career that he has had, especially since he did it while carrying a 3.8 GPA.

I've had the privilege of knowing Jeriah since he started middle school. He has always and even more so now, been a polite young man of outstanding character. I have truly enjoyed watching him mature off and on the field. He comes from an outstanding family who have truly instilled in him what it means to be a man of integrity. I will miss watching him lower his shoulder and take on anyone who was willing to challenge him then turn around and give them his hand to help them off the turf. A true spirit and will to win! Good luck in all your future endeavors!