Paintsville 19 Raceland 15

oldrambler

Raceland losr when a last minute drive ended with a potential game winning pass fell inc. in the endzone. I am pleased with the comeback but around here, we are not inti moral victories. Raceland was greatly outplayed in the 1st cevhalf. Also were awful om 3rd down conv., dropped several passes at different times in the game. Defensively, the Rams defense played well.

Congrats to Paintsville on the win. They have a fine football team.

Heighton had a terrible first half last night. Whether or not it was the weather, Paintsville's coverage/pass rush, or some combination of the two, I don't know. I'm sure there's still some lingering rust from the several weeks he missed. He came back and had a great second half, though. On a dry field, with a couple more weeks to shake off the rust and get his rhythm and timing back, I feel good about Raceland's chances in the rematch.

The teams combined for 23 penalties for 245 yards. Way too many flags. It makes it hard for either team to get their teeth into the game. Hopefully there's not a repeat of that in a few weeks.