2019 Bourbon Chase

Rebel

Any other members running this weekend in the Bourbon Chase? This will be my 7th. time and one of my favorite races. Really excited about running 14+ miles and spending 30+ hours living in a van for the weekend. :banana:

Any other members running this weekend in the Bourbon Chase? This will be my 7th. time and one of my favorite races. Really excited about running 14+ miles and spending 30+ hours living in a van for the weekend. :banana:

Tell me more. Retired from street pounding, but loved it with my buds or even alone. Usually 2,000 miles per year and at least 1 marathon.

It's a 200+ mile relay race by Ragnar. Starts tomorrow morning at Jim Beam in Clermount, Ky. and ends at downtown Lexington. 12 team mates running 36 legs to the finish line.

Rebel, how did it go? How much forethought is done in thinking about order, terrain, strengths, etc. or is just who wants to go 1st, 2nd and balls to the wall on your leg? How does transportation work? Not familiar with the route so is this like 25 miles done 8 times, or what? Sounds like a hoot for running buds.

Rebel, how did it go? How much forethought is done in thinking about order, terrain, strengths, etc. or is just who wants to go 1st, 2nd and balls to the wall on your leg? How does transportation work? Not familiar with the route so is this like 25 miles done 8 times, or what? Sounds like a hoot for running buds.

There are 12 runners to a team with 36 legs, that means each runner has 3 different runs. My runs where 6.3, 4.3, and 4.1 miles.

Van #1 with its 6 runners takes off at Jim Beam in Clermount, Ky. and goes to Makers Mark in Loretto. Van #2 with its 6 runners then take over and run to Danville while everyone in Van 1 has like 6 hours of down time. You then start all over for round 2 that goes to Stanford, Junction, Danville, Harrodsburg, to Four Roses in Lawrenceburg and off to Woodford Reserve. After that the route goes to Midway, HorsePark, and downtown on the Legacy trail for the finish.

It's a lot of fun but very hard with the lack of rest and 3 different runs from Friday to Saturday.

There are 12 runners to a team with 36 legs, that means each runner has 3 different runs. My runs where 6.3, 4.3, and 4.1 miles.

Van #1 with its 6 runners takes off at Jim Beam in Clermount, Ky. and goes to Makers Mark in Loretto. Van #2 with its 6 runners then take over and run to Danville while everyone in Van 1 has like 6 hours of down time. You then start all over for round 2 that goes to Stanford, Junction, Danville, Harrodsburg, to Four Roses in Lawrenceburg and off to Woodford Reserve. After that the route goes to Midway, HorsePark, and downtown on the Legacy trail for the finish.

It's a lot of fun but very hard with the lack of rest and 3 different runs from Friday to Saturday.

Rebel, you tweaked my curiosity so just reviewed the website. Looks like a great event for a bunch of running buds. I cherish the memories of my running days in Shelbyville. Great lifelong friends were made logging those miles.

I ran with a team from work. It’s an experience I’ll never forget. Can’t wait until next year rolls around.

I ran legs 5, 17 and 29. That last leg (7.7 miles, Versailles to Woodford Reserve) was both painful and fulfilling at the same time. Cruising down that hill to the finish of that final leg....exhilarating.