BluegrassPreps Class 1A Football Rankings (9/2) - Discussion

Ram

Class 1A

Three outcomes combined to really re-calibrate the teams on the Eastern side of Class 1A. Pikeville flexed their muscle in a playoff atmosphere against an out of state foe, Raceland was provided a reality check by rival Russell, and Paintsville served notice to the rest of the class with a come from behind win over Beechwood. The Tigers will now look to proclaim themselves the front runner as they will host Pikeville in a huge clash. Campbellsville continues to roll but will get one of their stiffest challenges against rival Taylor County. Williamsburg and Kentucky Country Day may not be playing ranked 2A teams, but they are both solid enough teams capable of winning. Newport Central Catholic took a hard fought loss and will be challenged by a stout challenger from Cincinnati.

1. Pikeville at #4 Paintsville

2. Campbellsville at 3A #9 Taylor County

3. Williamsburg vs. 2A Leslie County

4. Paintsville vs. #1 Pikeville

5. Newport Central Catholic at Roger Bacon (OH)

6. Raceland at 4A Rowan County

7. Hazard at 2A Prestonsburg

8. Crittenden County at 2A Ballad Memorial

9. Kentucky Country Day at 2A Washington County

10. Lynn Camp vs. 2A Middlesboro

Paintsville is riding high at 2-0 and moving up the ranks. However, I believe this week all of 1A is going to see the difference between Pikeville and the rest of 1A.

Campbellsville gets a chance to show if they might be the team capable of challenging Pikeville.

Even though Williamsburg is playing Leslie County this week, I fully expect Leslie County to give Williamsburg everything they want and more.

I also want to add that Washington County and Kentucky Country Day game is one to keep an eye on as well.

Even though Williamsburg is playing Leslie County this week, I fully expect Leslie County to give Williamsburg everything they want and more.

I also want to add that Washington County and Kentucky Country Day game is one to keep an eye on as well.

If Williamsburg cannot handle Leslie County with ease, then Williamsburg has no chance against Pikeville. Williamsburg needs to win by 3 TD's.

If Williamsburg cannot handle Leslie County with ease, then Williamsburg has no chance against Pikeville. Williamsburg needs to win by 3 TD's.

I really like the Yellowjacket Offense and think Dalton Ponder is a small school superstar...

With that said, nothing about their Defense suggests to me they can hang within 3 TD's of Pikeville on the Panthers' worst day.