Louisville Spring Practice

FootballBobcat

Per the CJ this morning the Cards spring practice begins Feb 11th and finishes on Mar 7th. That is more than a month earlier than last year. Seems unusual to start that early to me. It says the last practice on Mar 7th will include a scrimmage but no spring game as we are used to seeing.

Much ado about nothing, IMO. Satterfield is used to doing it earlier. I like it, specifically for the sake of injuries. If someone gets hurt in spring practice they have six months to recover. People were up in arms about "no" spring game, but there will still be one, it just may be less of a game format than before. And honestly, who really cares? Nobody pays attention anyway.

Calendar time frame restrictions. (eg. can only take place from February 1 - April 15th)

From SB Nation:

"Teams get a maximum of 15 spring practice days, including the intra-squad game that typically caps a spring slate. This doesn't include sessions when players are limited to the film room or the weight room. Everything has to take place within a 34-day window, but spring break and exam days don't automatically count toward that. So some schools spread spring practices over a month and a half."

From SB Nation:

"Teams get a maximum of 15 spring practice days, including the intra-squad game that typically caps a spring slate. This doesn't include sessions when players are limited to the film room or the weight room. Everything has to take place within a 34-day window, but spring break and exam days don't automatically count toward that. So some schools spread spring practices over a month and a half."

I suppose it is just anytime within a second semester.

From SB Nation:

I heard UL will not be having a spring game. This makes sense to me. If you only have 15 practices, including the spring game, why waste one of them on the "game"?

You're really probably wasting two, because you may have to spend one to get ready for the game. Good for Coach Satterfield for doing things his way.

I heard UL will not be having a spring game. This makes sense to me. If you only have 15 practices, including the spring game, why waste one of them on the "game"?

You're really probably wasting two, because you may have to spend one to get ready for the game. Good for Coach Satterfield for doing things his way.

There will still be the “event,” but it won’t be like it has been. Meaning no clock, probably won’t keep score, it will be much more like a practice with a scrimmage, rather than a game format.