Beechwood 79 Louisville Holy Cross 40

That’s two big time blowouts by Beechwood. Anyone seeing these games? Competition level down, or is Beechwood a legit threat in the 9th?

Tigers are among the top 3 or 4 teams in the 9th.. They have multiple kids that can score. My concern is they give up too many easy buckets. If the D gets better I think they can hang with the team from Park Hills.. JMO

That’s two big time blowouts by Beechwood. Anyone seeing these games? Competition level down, or is Beechwood a legit threat in the 9th?

Tigers are among the top 3 or 4 teams in the 9th.. They have multiple kids that can score. My concern is they give up too many easy buckets. If the D gets better I think they can hang with the team from Park Hills.. JMO

What makes you so sure? When you have a player like Draud, who can at times be "unstoppable" scoring the ball, don't they have a chance to at least "hang"?

You might think he is "Unstoppable" when playing teams like BC and HC but they dont have players that can guard him. CCH does. He has taken over 40 shots in 2 games against weaker teams. Of course he is going to put up big numbers.

I do like Beechwood and agree they will do some damage this year. The Brannen and Draud tandem will create havoc for defenses all season.

What do you consider hanging? I say a 12-15pt game.. I really think Beechwood’s JV has a very good shot at beating the Colonels this year.

Hanging with a team means you have a shot to win the game. Beechwood has no chance. Draud is great but he’s a year away from being called unstoppable.

I think he’s going to be that good at some point. And, by that good, I mean essentially seen as an “unstoppable player”. He has an ability to really score the ball. I just don’t know if it’ll be this year, next year, or senior year. Kid is talented!

And, solid seniors, yes. And talented Sophomores, yes. But, they will go as Draud goes, imo.