Championship Weekend Weather Outlook

nWo

This is the first outlook for KHSAA Championship weekend.

Friday, November 30, 2018

Afternoon temperatures look to be from the high 30s to low 40s. The wind chill is forecasted to be in the mid-30s and then drop into the lower 30s Friday night. As of now little or no chance of precipitation.

This temperature simulation is from 1 pm Friday to 1 am EST Saturday morning.

fritemp.gif

Saturday, December 1, 2018

The weather looks to be a little different on Saturday. Temps should be a little warmer than on Friday with the afternoon temps being in the high 40s to low 50s. Saturday evening temperatures could actually rise to the mid-50s.

Saturday temperature simulation is from 1 pm Saturday to 1 am EST Sunday morning.

sattemp.gif

Rain is forecast to move in Saturday afternoon and persist for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Rainfall totals could be around an inch.

saturdayrain.gif

Sunday, December 2, 2018

The rain should be ending by around game time on Sunday. There may be some lingering drizzle. The temperatures look to be in the low to mid-60s.

sundaytemp.png

Keep checking back daily for updates.

Rain looks to move in faster Thursday evening or early Friday morning. The temperature on Friday should be in the mid-50s with around 1/2 inch rain accumulations. Thunderstorms will be possible but mainly in Western Kentucky. Some of which could be strong.

For Saturday look for temps to be in the mid-60s. Rain should continue most of the day. Total rain accumulations through Saturday night of 1-2 inches. The thunderstorms will move east across Kentucky but should be mainly around the I-65 corridor.

90.jpg

Sunday should be dry with temperatures in the mid-40s.

Everyone have a great day. Keep checking back for updates.

I saw a very different forecast for Saturday this morning. Lots of rain for Saturday.

That's what mine said also. I called for rain most of the day on Saturday. If you look at my update I call for 1-2 inches of rain through Saturday night.

This just a quick update.

Both the NAM and GFS models are coming into good agreement about the rain this upcoming weekend. There is still a little difference in the timing of the showers. For the Lexington area look for light rain on Friday with rainfall accumulations of around 2 tenths of an inch. The heavier rainfall looks to move in later Friday night into the day on Saturday. There look to be an additional 1 to 1.5 inches of rain accumulations by the time the rain ends on Saturday evening. There is also a chance of strong to severe storms on Saturday. This for now looks to be mainly west of I-65.

Look for the high temps on Friday to be from the high 40s to low 50s. For Saturday the highs will range from the low to high 50s. On Sunday look for highs in the high 50s and a chance to hit 60.

I will post a more detailed forecast in the morning.

Here is the very latest from the just released modeling data.

For Friday's games:

Temps Friday afternoon should be around 50 and rise to the around mid-50s Friday evening.

friday temp.gif

As for any rain chances, it looks like for now the bulk of the rain will hold off for the games on Friday. There is a slight chance of some scattered sprinkles in the Lexington area.

FRiday rain.gif

Saturday games:

Temperatures for Saturday afternoon into the evening hours look to mirror those of Friday afternoon.

friday temp.gif

The heavy rain will move in late Friday night into Saturday morning. It should start clearing out around the start of the first game on Saturday. There will be a chance of scattered showers Saturday afternoon.

Saturday rain.gif

Rainfall totals in the Lexington area look to be 1-2 inches. As everyone can see if the track of this system moves eastward this total could rise.

rain a.jpg

It bears mentioning that There is a Marginal Risk for strong to severe storms on Saturday. For now, it looks like these possible strong storms will not move into the Lexington area but it needs to be watched.

KY_swody3.png

Sunday game:

The weather for Sunday afternoon's game should be quite pleasant for this time of year. Afternoon temperature should be around 60 and fall into the low 50s by Sunday evening.

Sunday temp.gif

There should be no rain on Sunday afternoon.

Sunday rain.gif

Everyone have a blessed Thursday.

There's really no changes from yesterday's forecast. The only thing I would like to make note of is that the rainfall accumulations may be lower than in my last post. Now it looks like maybe around an inch in the Lexington area.

90.jpg

Friday's games:

Look for cloudy skies with highs in the mid-50s. Tonight's lows in the mid-40s.

fridayh.jpg

fridayl.jpg

Saturday's games:

Cloudy with highs from the high 50s and the lows in the low 50s.

sath.jpg

satl.jpg

Good luck to all the teams and have a blessed Friday.

The weather for Sunday's game should be quite pleasant. Partly cloudy skies with temps in the low 60s. The winds will be out of the south to southwest around 12 mph.

cloudcover.us_ov.png

sfct.us_ov.png

I will update in the morning.

Here is the forecast for today and tomorrow's games.

Saturday:

Look for today's high temperature to be in the low 60s. This morning rain should start clearing out of the Lexington area around 1 pm EST. Scattered showers will be possible through early evening. The 24-hour rainfall total in Lexington should be around 1 inch.

64-nodither.gif

rainfall.jpg

Sunday:

The morning low will be in the low 50s. The afternoon temperature will rise to the mid-60s with mostly cloudy skies. No rain is anticipated for Sunday's game.

sundl.jpg

sundayh.jpg

32-nodither.gif

I hope these forecasts where helpful to those who attended or will attend the remaining games.