Johnson Central 50 Ashland 14

GOREDDEVILS

Somebody from Ashland should call up someone from Boyle County, Lexington Catholic, or whichever 3A team it was that petitioned to play up and allow Ashland to drop down and get away from JC and thank them. Maybe even drive there and give them a hug. Definitely send them a thank you card and a nice fruit basket. Outside of Ironton from the late 70's through the late 00's, no one has consistently put it on the Tomcats like Johnson Central.

It should be noted that this was the final game for Braxton Ratliff in an Ashland uniform. I'm not the foremost authority on Ashland football, but I think he put together one of the great careers ever for a Tomcat QB. I won't miss him though. :D

Somebody from Ashland should call up someone from Boyle County, Lexington Catholic, or whichever 3A team it was that petitioned to play up and allow Ashland to drop down and get away from JC and thank them. Maybe even drive there and give them a hug. Definitely send them a thank you card and a nice fruit basket. Outside of Ironton from the late 70's through the late 00's, no one has consistently put it on the Tomcats like Johnson Central.

It should be noted that this was the final game for Braxton Ratliff in an Ashland uniform. I'm not the foremost authority on Ashland football, but I think he put together one of the great careers ever for a Tomcat QB. I won't miss him though. :D

Could it also have had something to do with Ashland AD being on the realignment committee? Just curious.

Could it also have had something to do with Ashland AD being on the realignment committee? Just curious.

I don't know their numbers, but I do know Ashland has lost a lot of students over the last 10 years with several large cooperations closing, or leaving the area. Ashland Oil moving their cooperate offices heavily effected Russell and Ashland, AK Steel closing hurt most of the area schools and CSX restructure hurt Raceland, Russell and Ashland. Those with several other events have dramatically effected school numbers in the area.

The Daily Independent credits Johnson Central with 578 rushing yards. Joe Jackson had a huge night with 332 yards and 5 touchdowns. Devin Johnson complimented Jackson with 192 yards and a touchdown of his own. Their offensive line and blocking backs get such a great push at the point of attack, and their ball carriers hit the whole with authority. It's hard to get them off the field.

Ashland has a very good team. Lots of speed, a great QB, very disciplined and well coached. JC is just simply too good at what they do, and Ashland hasn't been able match up unless the Golden Eagles help them out by putting the ball on the ground a lot.

Edited by DevilMayCare
Spelling