Mayfield 56 Hancock County 28

Mayfield

Kent Trey Matthews ran it 5 times for 150 yards and 2 TD.

Jayden Stinson was 8 of 9 for 214 yards.

Hancock Co.

Darian Clay ran it 11 times for 281 yards and 4TD.

He was 1 of 4 for 20 yards passing.

I’m surprised someone could put up those kind of rushing numbers up against Mayfield.

I think a few of the big runs came in the 2nd half against Mayfield's underclassmen. Halftime score was 49-12. With that being said, Mayfield's defense is very porous against the run this year. Not a typical Mayfield defense to say the least. Might catch up with them later in the playoffs.

I think a few of the big runs came in the 2nd half against Mayfield's underclassmen. Halftime score was 49-12. With that being said, Mayfield's defense is very porous against the run this year. Not a typical Mayfield defense to say the least. Might catch up with them later in the playoffs.

Makes you wonder what Catholic's running game can do if the two meet up again.

Makes you wonder what Catholic's running game can do if the two meet up again.

No doubt in my mind they will give up a couple big plays to Catholic and the Aces will move the ball. But for Mayfield to lose prior to the state championship this year they will have to have a game like the one against Caldwell County when they had 5 first half turnovers and 21 penalties for 205 yards. Their offense is just way too potent and more than makes up for their inconsistent defense.

No doubt in my mind they will give up a couple big plays to Catholic and the Aces will move the ball. But for Mayfield to lose prior to the state championship this year they will have to have a game like the one against Caldwell County when they had 5 first half turnovers and 21 penalties for 205 yards. Their offense is just way too potent and more than makes up for their inconsistent defense.

I agree. They seem to play down to competition, which is opposite of what their coaching staff preaches week after week.