Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime

doomer

I'm in episode 4. I'd say it is entertaining, but not really the riveting show I was hoping for. I'd compare it unfavorably with something like Clear and Present Danger, my favorite Jack Ryan movie.

I felt like each episode got better...up to the season-ending eighth. I actually have enjoyed the characters as they are portrayed, and I like the fact that the plot has a clear direction so the suspense is in how will it play out? I guess, we all have differing preferences, haha, CPD was probably my least favorite Jack Ryan movie although I still liked it.

I've got one episode to finish today. I've been pleasantly surprised by the first season.

I had low to lower expectations but this was much better than I thought it would or could be.

The side story with the drone pilot was and still is very confusing. I have no idea why Beecher from OZ beat the crap out of him...none of that made sense.

I felt like each episode got better...up to the season-ending eighth. I actually have enjoyed the characters as they are portrayed, and I like the fact that the plot has a clear direction so the suspense is in how will it play out? I guess, we all have differing preferences, haha, CPD was probably my least favorite Jack Ryan movie although I still liked it.

I'm just starting episode 7, and I agree, the episodes have improved. Are you saying the eighth is bad? That's disappointing.

Maybe I just have a softer spot for CPD because I saw it first. I prefer Harrison Ford's Ryan to any of the others, and I just always liked it better than Patriot Games. Harrison Ford of the 90s was the perfect what I call "reluctant action hero", which I think is a good take on Jack Ryan. Plus it has Dafoe as Clark, and I'm a sucker for Dafoe.

I think Shadow Recruit was the worst Jack Ryan movie, with Sum of All Fears only slightly better. The other three, I could roll with anyone calling any of them their favorite.

Edited to Add: One of the other reasons I love CPD is Henry Czerny (Ritter). Between that and Mission Impossible, he had that sleazy bureaucrat character down pat. "The world is gray, Jack!"

I'm just starting episode 7, and I agree, the episodes have improved. Are you saying the eighth is bad? That's disappointing.

Maybe I just have a softer spot for CPD because I saw it first. I prefer Harrison Ford's Ryan to any of the others, and I just always liked it better than Patriot Games. Harrison Ford of the 90s was the perfect what I call "reluctant action hero", which I think is a good take on Jack Ryan. Plus it has Dafoe as Clark, and I'm a sucker for Dafoe.

I think Shadow Recruit was the worst Jack Ryan movie, with Sum of All Fears only slightly better. The other three, I could roll with anyone calling any of them their favorite.

Edited to Add: One of the other reasons I love CPD is Henry Czerny (Ritter). Between that and Mission Impossible, he had that sleazy bureaucrat character down pat. "The world is gray, Jack!"

I used to feel that way about Sum of all Fears, but I watched it again a couple of times this summer. I really like it now. I like Leiv Schreiber as Clark better than Dafoe, sorry. I think it is very well done. My least favorite Jack is Alec (I don't include Shadow Recruit in these discussions because it sucked) but Red October is by far my favorite movie.

I'm just hoping for a Rainbow Six movie based on the book, before I die...heck make a series of Clark movies.

The eight episode is great!!! My mistake, it was Sum of all Fears that was my least favorite. I liked CPD a lot also.