Joey Votto is not hitting like Joey Votto

Not sure there are many true, hard times Reds fans still out there. So this post might never be read. But, Joey is just not Joey this year. He has become a very re-active, defensive hitter, consistently behind in the count and the # of times he's been rung-up is unprecedented in his career. Noticed last night he appeared to be squinting. Could it be that simple a cure????

He, also, has more defensive and baserunning fax paus then what one would expect. Just concerned there is more than just a little funk going on.

Not sure there are many true, hard times Reds fans still out there. So this post might never be read. But, Joey is just not Joey this year. He has become a very re-active, defensive hitter, consistently behind in the count and the # of times he's been rung-up is unprecedented in his career. Noticed last night he appeared to be squinting. Could it be that simple a cure????

He, also, has more defensive and baserunning fax paus then what one would expect. Just concerned there is more than just a little funk going on.

Just wait until you start getting the Joey Votto "on base %" discussion, it's coming. I for one agree with you. He is too good a hitter to be taking the pitches he takes and he is looking at a lot of 3rd strikes especially since the break. Hitting around .200 the last 30 days.

Just wait until you start getting the Joey Votto "on base %" discussion, it's coming. I for one agree with you. He is too good a hitter to be taking the pitches he takes and he is looking at a lot of 3rd strikes especially since the break. Hitting around .200 the last 30 days.

I new there were more than just me and sumo.

His strikeouts, strikes swinging and strikes looking are all close to his career average. No significant change there, but all are off the incredible numbers of what should have been an MVP season last year. Only huge difference are his power numbers, and it just doesn’t seem like he has had the opposite field pop to the gap that he’s had in the past...

Batting .287. leads the league in on base % “by a large margin” has hit more line drives than any other player.

Granted power is down but it’s not like the wheels have fallen off of the bus.