Reds are fun to watch

PP1

I'm not saying they will finish .500 or I think they should be buyers going for a second half surge to the playoffs. But I am interested and altering my schedule in order to watch and listen again. They are fun to follow now. It may not last, but when the team is playing better, it makes the summer more fun.

I know they probably will trade Harvey. But I wish they could keep him. He has really brought some stability to this pitching staff. With the offense of this team being one of the better offenses in the NL. If they get the starting pitching figured out. I feel like this team could truly compete next year. If they go out and say trade Scooter and Harvey. And they miss on those trades. This rebuild could keep going a long time.

One of the surest things I can post here is that Matt Harvey will not be a Red next year. Just can't see it. I'd imagine if he continues like he's done the past month or so, that there's going to be some teams interested...so, trading him makes the most sense. But, even if he's not traded, I just can't imagine him signing here as a FA in the off-season. I think he'll want too much.

The one player mentioned that I would NOT trade is Gennett. If he had come back down and was hitting .265 this year, I'd say what he did last year was a fluke. But the guy seems to have legitimately corrected his swing. There's no one that you're going to get back in a trade, or anyone you could bring up (Senzel included, if he was healthy) that's going to be able to produce the way Scooter has. He's still young enough to be considered a part of any plan for the next 3-5 years. No need to re-invent the wheel here. Just my opinion.

The one player mentioned that I would NOT trade is Gennett. If he had come back down and was hitting .265 this year, I'd say what he did last year was a fluke. But the guy seems to have legitimately corrected his swing. There's no one that you're going to get back in a trade, or anyone you could bring up (Senzel included, if he was healthy) that's going to be able to produce the way Scooter has. He's still young enough to be considered a part of any plan for the next 3-5 years. No need to re-invent the wheel here. Just my opinion.

I'd love to see them keep Scooter. All depends on how much he's going to want after next season. Maybe the Reds get a little bit of a hometown discount.

I agree they have peaked my interest with the recent play. I’ve not switched my schedule around, but have been checking in more frequently than normal.

But playoff Run is a bit of a stretch.

I'd love to see them keep Scooter. All depends on how much he's going to want after next season. Maybe the Reds get a little bit of a hometown discount.

Why wait till next year to sign him? Ownership should have already had a resign deal done if thats what they wanted. If not trade him now, you will get very little for him if you wait a year.

Give him a Suarez-esque deal. Balances the uncertainty of long term success against ridiculous $ if he continues to crush the ball. Seems to have worked with Suarez so far but there will inevitably be deals that don't work (e.g., Mesoraco). Reds can afford to have a miss occasionally like with Meso (4/$28) if they get some upside deals like Suarez 7/$66M (so far), Barnhart 4/$16M (so far) and Iglesias (7/$27M). Reds cannot afford to miss like they did with Bailey (6/$105M). They are also ill-matched to Votto's contract (10/$225M) even though he is worth every penny of it.