Wayne County 67 Boyle County 64 (OT)

Bad bad night for the Rebels. May have been up by 19 during the 2nd quarter.

Wayne never quit. Hit some big 3’s. Got some great help from your typical 12th Region referee crew. And Won the game.

Boyle may very well enter postseason on a 3 game losing streak.

Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

The refs were the refs but I can’t blame them for this. We were up 19 points and then just quit playing. You could feel it in the air that something crazy was going to happen. Hopefully the boys can learn from this from all aspects and grow.

I will say this. It would be nice to see our student section act like they care and actually make some noise. It’d be nice if our fans made some positive noise for the boys as well. Yelling at the refs isn’t positive noise. Wayne County’s fans cheered their boys on hard and from where I sat our fans and student section just sat back and watched. That’s asinine. I can’t yell and cheer on the boys from where I sit but in a home game as close as this game was tonight it would have been nice to see our fans and students at least try to defend our gym. On Senior Night. Instead you look up and students are on their phones playing on SnapChat and the fans are just sitting over there grumbling about whatever. GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND CHEER. This team is only guaranteed two more games and I don’t know about the rest of y’all but I want way more than two more games for these boys. If I have to be the only one cheering my butt off for the team next Tuesday then so be it. I’m not going out without giving my all to those boys on the court. We need to be their energy. We need to be their positive energy and you can bet your bottom dollar if I have to be by myself on the sideline next Tuesday night showing the boys how much I care about their success then that is where you’ll see me. Standing up ready to cheer my Rebels on to victory!!!!!

Kids are not machines, they won't play every game like we adults think they should. We are talking about 16, 17, and 18yr old kids. Sometimes you tip your hat and give the other team credit. Wayne County didn't quit and came back and got the win. It's a learning lesson for both teams on not to quit when you're down, and put a team away when you got a big lead.

Kids are not machines, they won't play every game like we adults think they should. We are talking about 16, 17, and 18yr old kids. Sometimes you tip your hat and give the other team credit. Wayne County didn't quit and came back and got the win. It's a learning lesson for both teams on not to quit when you're down, and put a team away when you got a big lead.

Wayne County and Coach Woods deserve all of the credit for this win. There is no denying that and it definitely isn’t my intention to take credit away from them. Wayne County called ZERO timeouts tonight in regulation and came back from a 19 point deficit to tie the game and send it to OT. That’s coaching and that is kids who listen and follow the directions of their coaching staff. The other thing they had was a rowdy crowd that drove an hour and forty minutes to cheer their team to victory and they were loud and proud. You are exactly right, we are talking about 16, 17 and 18 year old kids and those fans gave those kids energy. They began giving them energy in the second quarter and those kids fed off that energy. Their fans believed in them and their fans never quit. They were loud and proud. I feel like us Boyle County fans take for granted that the boys will just pull through and win but fact of the matter is that there isn’t any reason at all that the Boyle County fans shouldn’t have been more loud and more proud than the away team. It makes a huge difference.