Northern Kentucky 72 Detroit 44

MJAlltheWay24

This is a sincere question and I hope I don't offend any NKU supporters. I'm following the Horizon just a very small bit now since NKU is a member. On balance is the league weaker or stronger than usual? It seems that there are some very bad teams in the league. In the old days there were teams like UW-Green Bay , Cleveland State, etc. who were quite good ( I think they were in the Horizon) who could put the fear of God in the opponents from stronger leagues. Is that the case today?

This is a sincere question and I hope I don't offend any NKU supporters. I'm following the Horizon just a very small bit now since NKU is a member. On balance is the league weaker or stronger than usual? It seems that there are some very bad teams in the league. In the old days there were teams like UW-Green Bay , Cleveland State, etc. who were quite good ( I think they were in the Horizon) who could put the fear of God in the opponents from stronger leagues. Is that the case today?

Horizon is bad this year, to be sure. One Top 100 team (NKU), and three top 200 teams (NKU, Wright State, and Oakland). The rest are all 200+, with about four 300+ teams mixed in for good measure.

The league is definitely down this year. As with most mid-major conferences, they go in cycles. Three solid teams and a bunch of garbage this year though.

A couple pretty good attendance stats....

NKU's attendance this season is up from 2824 per game last year to 3820 per this year. That's a 35% increase. Already passed last season's total attendance with 3 more home games to go.

And I bet 2/8 and 2/10 will see some very nice turnouts which will only increase that average.