Cordia 63 Leslie County 55

Hard to imagine anything other than back-to-back Knott Central wins, but who knows.

Knott Central isn’t as strong this year as they usually are. Their 6’8 kid that saw a lot of play last year transferred to another school. But I understand your point, history is on KCC’s side in their matchups with Cordia.

Knott Central isn’t as strong this year as they usually are. Their 6’8 kid that saw a lot of play last year transferred to another school. But I understand your point, history is on KCC’s side in their matchups with Cordia.

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm interested to see who wins the All A game.

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm interested to see who wins the All A game.

Knott usually has Cordia’s number.

I could be wrong but I believe the year Cordia won the All A state tournament that Knott Central didn’t play in it. That would have been interesting that year. I suppose their enrollment size fluctuates up and down.

Leslie County is now an all a school? Wow, didn't they used to be 3a when tim couch was there? When there were only 4 classes?

Nearly all the mountain/coalfield counties have lost population in the last two decades. Most actually have been on the decline since the 1980’s. Leslie is one of those. They’ve gone from around 800 students to slightly over 500 since Tim Couch’s playing days in the mid 1990’s.

Other examples are Breathitt and Knott counties. Back in the ‘60’s Breathitt had around 1200 students. Now they have about 650. Knott had 1000 when they colsolidated old Knott High, Hindman, and Carr Creek in 1975. Now they’re down in the 600+ numbers.

And i guess i find it interesting that a school with an enrollment of 600 gets in the all a...

The All A doesn’t have a cutoff limit on enrollment. They simply take the smallest 122 schools in the state. It’s possible a school with Knott’s enrollment may not be in the smallest 122 category but if several All A size schools throughout the state decide they don’t want to participate in the tournament it allows the next school on the list to become eligible.