CovCath vs Highlands part of Doubleheader at GABP

More details to follow when they are finalized......

The Highlands Bluebirds baseball team received a taste of life in the big leagues last year and will do it again this year.

The Bluebirds will face 9th Region arch-rival Covington Catholic in of two games that Friday evening at Great American Ballpark in the Cincinnati Reds Futures Games. Highlands Head Coach Jeremy Baioni said the times have not been finalized. But start times of 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. are two potential times.

FORT THOMAS MATTERS: Return to Great American Ballpark for Bluebirds

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Cramer threw well at Tennessee...upper 80's. Also heard Sophomore LHP Collin Hollingsworth threw well at West Point last weekend. He was clocked on low 80's.

The crazy thing is Hollingsworth probably won't pitch much varsity at all either.. Lol

This should be the 2 top teams in Northern Kentucky this season. Highlands pitching staff is loaded. We will see what Hollingsworth can do. Rom played summer ball with the Cincy Flames for years, Dreves with Midland. Not sure Hollingsworth even plays summer ball? A lefty throwing in the 80's needs that summer work. There is a difference between a pitcher and a thrower.

This should be the 2 top teams in Northern Kentucky this season. Highlands pitching staff is loaded. We will see what Hollingsworth can do. Rom played summer ball with the Cincy Flames for years, Dreves with Midland. Not sure Hollingsworth even plays summer ball? A lefty throwing in the 80's needs that summer work. There is a difference between a pitcher and a thrower.

Didn't Cramer play with the Flames? Or maybe it was another outfit but I know he played this summer.

Hollingsworth I am not sure if he played. He has a strong arm and from what I have heard has 4 pitches. Circle change, fastball, slider and curve. Whether or not he is consistently getting the pitches over the plate I guess we shall see,