CovCath vs Highlands part of Doubleheader at GABP

I heard Cramer threw well at Tennessee...upper 80's. Also heard Sophomore LHP Collin Hollingsworth threw well at West Point last weekend. He was clocked on low 80's.

We were talking Hollingsworth and football the other day and someone brought he was at West Point. Was he offered?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were talking Hollingsworth and football the other day and someone brought he was at West Point. Was he offered?

Not sure I know his Dad said he had a good showing for them and they like him. He has potential being a lefty, 6'1 190 and trying to craft 4 pitches. He was clocked at 82mph when he threw for them.

Didn't Cramer play with the Flames? Or maybe it was another outfit but I know he played this summer.

Hollingsworth I am not sure if he played. He has a strong arm and from what I have heard has 4 pitches. Circle change, fastball, slider and curve. Whether or not he is consistently getting the pitches over the plate I guess we shall see,

I'm pretty sure Cramer played with the Cincy Fury last year..

I was told he was offered..

Offered what? The military academies don't give sport or academic scholarships. The coach has to be interested in you and you have to be a qualified candidate. A Letter of Assurance and congressional nomination will get you in. After your in then you can play the sport. Best of luck to him.

Why do people think they know everything?? Bottom line the kid wouldn’t have a problem getting in if he had to apply like everyone. Baseball team gets 10 spots per class to use as they wish. Look it up. If he decides to go there he will apply like everyone else. I assure you if he wants in he will get in. He hasn’t even thrown a varsity pitch so let’s jyst slow down and see how things play out. For now he told them thanks and he would get back with them.

I believe the only 9th Region Team to 3 peat was New Cath in '60, '61 and '62. I don't believe a team in the 9th has won 4 regional titles in a row. This is a cool experience for all the teams involved.

Did NewCath make it to the championship game of the state tournament during that 3 year stretch?

Just to correct the wrong statements of people who think they know everything. I mean for real, a kid gets invited to a showcase while there was asked to come and play baseball for them and you get a best of luck to him. He doesn’t need luck. He works hard every day to be a better person, student, and athlete. Luck has nothing to do with it.

Just to correct the wrong statements of people who think they know everything. I mean for real, a kid gets invited to a showcase while there was asked to come and play baseball for them and you get a best of luck to him. He doesn’t need luck. He works hard every day to be a better person, student, and athlete. Luck has nothing to do with it.

What you just wrote sounds like they offered him to come play? Am I wrong about this?

Would make sense. I believe his older brother and sister might have been military.

If they offered him then my guess he is very very interested and will be at the top of his list.

Any other offers or commitments yet for the Hollinsworth boy or any other Highlands players