Track the Hall of Fame Voting

I'm a nerd about this stuff, so I find this really cool.

You can track the Hall of Fame voting process here. The drive is updated as ballots are shared by the voters. Not everyone shares them (either anonymously or otherwise), but it gives a pretty solid indication of how things are going to shake out.

As of right now, with roughly 18% of the ballots known, Vlad, Chipper, Thome, Hoffman, and Edgar Martinez are in, with Bonds and Clemens surprisingly VERY close.

They were named for the 2018 class by the Veteran's Committee.

Oh ok thanks. That makes sense. I thought it was kind of odd that two players that had been retired for sometime were the only ones to make it this year.

Oh ok thanks. That makes sense. I thought it was kind of odd that two players that had been retired for sometime were the only ones to make it this year.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of players who are no longer on the ballot being elected in, but that's a whole different topic.

It's pretty neat how they do the veteran's committee vote now. They have 4 different veteran committees based on different eras. They rotate which committee votes each year with the most recent eras meeting twice every 5 years.

Here's how it works now:

Eras Committees | Baseball Hall of Fame

• 1 month later...

Update for those who have been keeping up with this. With ~47% of ballots revealed, we still have 5 guys tracking to induction....

Chipper: 98.5%

Thome: 93.5%

Vlad: 94.5%

Edgar Martinez: 80.4%

Hoffman: 77.4%

Mussina, Schilling, Bonds, and Clemens are all still within striking distance, but only Mussina (72.4%) seems to have a realistic shot at hitting the 75% mark.

Omar Vizquel hung on about five years too long. When he was playing, I would have thought he'd be a first-ballot guy.

.272/.336/.352 seems well above average for a SS in the 90's, and I realize "above average" =/= "Hall of Fame."

Omar Vizquel hung on about five years too long. When he was playing, I would have thought he'd be a first-ballot guy.

.272/.336/.352 seems well above average for a SS in the 90's, and I realize "above average" =/= "Hall of Fame."

I think he had 11 or 12 gold gloves too. One of, if not the, best fielding shortstops I have ever seen.

And who on earth votes for these guys?

Jamie Moyer: 10 votes (2.4%)

Johan Santana: 10 votes (2.4%)

Johnny Damon: 8 votes (1.9%)

Hideki Matsui: 4 votes (0.9%)

Chris Carpenter: 2 votes (0.5%)

Kerry Wood: 2 votes (0.5%)

Livan Hernandez: 1 vote (0.2%)

Carlos Lee: 1 vote (0.2%)

And who on earth votes for these guys?

Jamie Moyer: 10 votes (2.4%)

Johan Santana: 10 votes (2.4%)

Johnny Damon: 8 votes (1.9%)

Hideki Matsui: 4 votes (0.9%)

Chris Carpenter: 2 votes (0.5%)

Kerry Wood: 2 votes (0.5%)

Livan Hernandez: 1 vote (0.2%)

Carlos Lee: 1 vote (0.2%)

Probably one of the idiots who didn't vote for Greg Maddox when he was inducted.

I think he had 11 or 12 gold gloves too. One of, if not the, best fielding shortstops I have ever seen.

9 consecutive at one point. That middle infield with Roberto Alomar was among the best duos ever in my mind.

One of those teams should have won a ring, but Cleveland...