Johan Santana: 10 votes (2.4%)

Johnny Damon: 8 votes (1.9%)

Hideki Matsui: 4 votes (0.9%)

Chris Carpenter: 2 votes (0.5%)

Kerry Wood: 2 votes (0.5%)

Livan Hernandez: 1 vote (0.2%)

Carlos Lee: 1 vote (0.2%)

Their Mommas?

I think he had 11 or 12 gold gloves too. One of, if not the, best fielding shortstops I have ever seen.

I'm sure this will tick off @sweet16 , but I think Vizquel was every bit, if not better, a defender than Ozzie Smith. The reason why I say that is that Ozzie played the majority of his time on artificial turf. Yes, the ball may get to you a split second faster, but the bounces are likely to be more true (anticipated). Omar spent the majority of his games on grass/dirt fields. Even if everything else was equal, that'd be the tipping point for me.

I'm sure this will tick off @sweet16 , but I think Vizquel was every bit, if not better, a defender than Ozzie Smith. The reason why I say that is that Ozzie played the majority of his time on artificial turf. Yes, the ball may get to you a split second faster, but the bounces are likely to be more true (anticipated). Omar spent the majority of his games on grass/dirt fields. Even if everything else was equal, that'd be the tipping point for me.

No it doesn't tick me off. Both of them are special. You could say even though he got truer hops the ball gets too you much quicker on artificial turf (as you said) and harder to get to some balls but Ozzie S. could do it. Vizquel is great and I liked watching him as well.