I am being told several Walton-Verona athletes are suspended for multiple games

These rumors can be laid to rest with basketball. There will be 1 WV basketball player not playing in the first 4 games but he is not even in their top 8 rotation....

If you really want to put these rumors to rest please give us a basic breakdown by sport?

4 football players and 1 basketball player is all I am aware of. I have no connection to wrestling so am not sure about that. I can say with 100% that basketball has 1 player that will miss 4 games and he is not in the top 8 rotation. No one has been suspended for 6 weeks, not sure where that came from. Football players were suspended for their game this Friday.

4 football players and 1 basketball player is all I am aware of. I have no connection to wrestling so am not sure about that. I can say with 100% that basketball has 1 player that will miss 4 games and he is not in the top 8 rotation. No one has been suspended for 6 weeks, not sure where that came from. Football players were suspended for their game this Friday.

Thanks, I will edit the thread title unless we hear additional.

Hearing from sources that all suspensions for basketball and football have been retracted. Sounds like shotty police work caused a big controversy and after an appeal the suspensions were lifted.

Par for the course if you ask me, anytime there is ever a problem and we need to find a way out, the police are to blame.

No doubt. Sounds like the administration wanted the suspensions but the school districts attorney adviced otherwise because the police did not have a definitive list of students at fault.

Thanks for the info but I don't want us going any further into the "legal" end of things.

I want to end this thread here by saying I am glad the players get to play.

And one more time, hey Walton-Verona student-athletes, was it worth it?