Should the Jaguars Make a Play For Eli Manning?

Should the Jaguars Make a Play for Eli Manning?

Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin had a tears-of-sadness departure after the 2015 season. How about a tears-of-joy reunion?

With the trade deadline looming and the teams with forks stuck in them able to flip current assets for future value, the New York team that wasn’t expected to be tanking could, in theory, go in to full-blown tank mode and dump its starting quarterback, who seems to be getting close to the end of the line.

I hate seeing a young QB going into a situation where there is no pass protection, no run game, and no weapons to throw to. I also have always felt that Eli was WAY OVERRATED. It would make more sense to trade Eli for multiple draft picks since the Giants have so many wholes.

If we are going to talk about putting Eli on the trading block, how about Ben?

I hate seeing a young QB going into a situation where there is no pass protection, no run game, and no weapons to throw to. I also have always felt that Eli was WAY OVERRATED. It would make more sense to trade Eli for multiple draft picks since the Giants have so many wholes.

Guy's won 2 Super Bowls. He ain't overrated.

Eli and Big Ben are in entirely different situations. Nothing remotely similar between the two.

The steelers are in first place and not looking to tank their season. Why would they try to trade Ben?

No weapons to throw to? Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns are fantastic weapons, plus he's handing the ball off the Leonard Fournette, and their O line isn't nearly as bad as you think.

Just never cared for his demeanor. Didn't like how he basically demanded that he wouldn't play for the Chargers and have always avoided him in fantasy football because he seemed incredibly inconsistent for an "Elite" QB that people try to call him.

Funny thing is, he is 0-4 vs the Chargers in his life.

Now that I'm actually on the clock I'll waste some time on it. There is nothing wrong with Bortles this season. He hasnt had a bad year, he is doing exactly what they want him to do. Protect the football and make a couple throws here and there. Of the 5 games this year hes had one great game, one bad game, 3 average games. Last week vs the Steelers he threw one time in the second half. That might seem alarming that in a passing league an NFL QB threw the ball once but when you are gaining 4-6 yards every single time you run, there isnt a team in the NFL that would go away from that. They were controlling the clock, running the ball with great success and playing great defense.

While I'm not ready to crown this defense as an elite defense as I need to see them actually do things consistently, the 2014 Broncos won a super bowl with a corpse of Peyton Manning as QB. While I dont see Bortles being the Jags QB next year unless he can magically turn it around, things are working right now. 3-2 on top of the AFCS and the team is playing well. Of course all of that can change in the blink of an eye, but right now you don't change what isnt broken.