Newport Central Catholic 49 Covington Holy Cross 0

theguru

I'd be interested in learning about the #9 Max Floyd story. He had a one yard TD run in the 2nd quarter. It looked like the other NCC backs deliberately went out of bounds on the one yard line on two different occasions to set the field up for Max to get the score.

Max is a kid that shows up every day and gives it everything he has. He plays for the love of the game and it was good to see his years of hard work rewarded today. Great moment for the kid, parents, and team. I think the rest of the team was more excited than Max was when he scored. Shout out to the coaches and players for making it happen!!

I'll tell you what was embarrassing - The HC parent in the stands berating the players when they were warming up after halftime. He was loud, obnoxious and out of line. This HC team is having just the season they were expected to have. They strap the pads on every week knowing what is in store. The numbers are down and they are young.

Parents need to leave them alone and let them grow. That loudmouth was embarrassing to the kids and the program!