Bishop Brossart 2 Boone County 1

Mustang

Another sign the 37th District tournament will be a wide open, 3 horse race to the finish line? Brossart would appear to have an easy first round game Vs Scott, the opposite can likely be said about the Calvary Vs Campbell Co game. Setting up a very competitive final on 10/12. Two off days between the first round and final probably dull and voids an easy game Vs a difficult game on 10/9.

Boone helped the opponent out on first, an own-goal, then a penalty in the box that resulted in a score on the penalty kick. The penalty wasn't even close. The kid just came from behind and ran into the Brossart player.

That was all she wrote.

Boone helped the opponent out on first, an own-goal, then a penalty in the box that resulted in a score on the penalty kick. The penalty wasn't even close. The kid just came from behind and ran into the Brossart player.

That was all she wrote.

When you come in from behind for a tackle and do not get the ball and knock the player down it will be called a foul 100% of the time. The own goal was a gift but if the player didn't attempt to play the ball Brossart had a player far post with no defender in sight. I am confident the tap in would have happen.

I believe a tackle from behind, certainly one hard enough to knock the offensive player off the ball or knock him down (not sure how hard the foul was in this case) is a foul if you get the ball or not.

Maybe the own goal was called a gift due to the Boone player knocking it into the goal instead of clearing it out, which would have prevented the Brossart player from tapping it in. Was the attempt to clear it a shank, miss hit?

The goal keeper was out and the defender was in the six yard box so his only chance was to try to clear left of the goal. He didn't have much room as the ball was hit inside the left post. At that close range he couldn't go over the bar. I give him props for doing whatever he could.

When you come in from behind for a tackle and do not get the ball and knock the player down it will be called a foul 100% of the time. The own goal was a gift but if the player didn't attempt to play the ball Brossart had a player far post with no defender in sight. I am confident the tap in would have happen.

I agree on both counts. That was my point. The attempted tackle was a poor attempt and was an obvious penalty. Better not to have tried in that case.

The own goal was so close in that it was difficult to clear. I felt bad for the boy. Whatever he tried to do, it looked like he kicked it straight into the back of the goal.