Justice Dept Files Lawsuit Against Ferguson

Clyde

I agree some of that is hard to follow.

If I do follow the part about their court system correctly I agree wholeheartedly that City Court systems are corrupt as hell. For any matters other than Code Enforcement (non-criminal, non-police matters) cities should not be allowed to have their own court system. Everything should be sent on to a state court.

Here are more details about issues with the FPD.

Ferguson sued by Justice Department - Business Insider

Based on the small amount of information in that article (and assuming the dozens of other examples are similar) the Ferguson PD sounded over the line for sure and even out of control at times.

In my experience, a couple of those examples would have resulted in anywhere from "don't you dare ever do that again" to a written reprimand but if the one about the K9 is true that one is potentially very serious.

So the natives are getting what they want. They want to be allowed to roam free with no rules. The DOJ just gave them permission too.

Taking the DOJ's side, they want the Ferguson Police Department/City Government to follow the rules.

The problem I see is the DOJ is using race and statistics as their trump cards and that gives Ferguson a defense.