Mercer County 82 Lincoln County 64

Mercer was up 17 points after 3 and by 26 when their starters went out around the 3:00 mark. Looked much crisper tonight.

Balanced attack for Mercer. James 17, Dow 15, Hager 14, Mink 14, Faulkner 8, Davis 6 and Souder 5. Dow with 12 boards and Hager with 9 assists.

Edited by First

Id be "snoring" too if my team had lost 5 games by 15 plus points.

I think he's awake again. Because of their win over Mercer, they're back on the map. They actually made most of this week's rankings! When you beat a top team, you get noticed in spite of the outcomes in your other recent games. Here are the rankings in this week's polls:

AP: Mercer 2nd, Lafayette not ranked (but they got an 'at a boy as they were listed in others receiving votes).

Courier Journal: Mercer 3rd, Lafayette 18th.

BGP: Mercer 4th, Lafayette 20th.

Herald Leader: Mercer 10th, Lafayette 21st.

So, let's not waste time arguing our point with this little dude. Let's let EVERYONE else do the talking for us. See above.

Id be "snoring" too if my team had lost 5 games by 15 plus points.

Help me determine Lafayette's wins against top teams. Can't include Mercer on that list, obviously. Looks to me that their highest quality wins are over Wayne and Madison Central. Maybe the Lex Cath win by 3. Maybe Lincoln by 14? They've played some great teams, including Henry Clay, Southwest and Dunbar, but we are talking WINS - so you can't count those.

Help me determine Lafayette's wins against top teams. Can't include Mercer on that list, obviously. Looks to me that their highest quality wins are over Wayne and Madison Central. Maybe the Lex Cath win by 3. Maybe Lincoln by 14? They've played some great teams, including Henry Clay, Southwest and Dunbar, but we are talking WINS - so you can't count those.

Wouldnt count Wayne because they didnt have Stearns

Wouldnt count Wayne because they didnt have Stearns

Very true. And Mercer beat both of those teams also. So, since Mercer hasn't beaten any GOOD teams, I'm struggling to find their good wins.

Facts trump fiction every time.

Yeah, we played them without Stearns the next afternoon after the 110 - 106 game with Southwestern. No way they should beat Mercer Wayne or Southwestern. Believe if they get out of the 11th, either of these 3 teams that should win the 12th would win the next contest with Lafayette.

Yeah, we played them without Stearns the next afternoon after the 110 - 106 game with Southwestern. No way they should beat Mercer Wayne or Southwestern. Believe if they get out of the 11th, either of these 3 teams that should win the 12th would win the next contest with Lafayette.

Agree with you..i guess LafYette would be 4th best team in 12th region...doubt they could beat Boyle at Boyle so maybe 5th best team