12th Region Rankings 2/1/16

12th Region Rankings

1) Mercer County (23-0) - The Titans continue to beat the competition and remain undefeated. This past week they did have a difficult game with district rival West Jessamine beating them 83-79. Trevor Faulkner led the way with 32 points in that contest and Malik Dow added a double-double with 17 points and 10 rebounds. The Titans also beat Boyle County 70-51 and district foe East Jessamine 85-44. This coming week the Titans travel to Pulaski County and Lafayette.

2) Southwestern (17-3) - The Warriors 13 game winning streak came to an end last Friday night when they lost in a district thriller to Wayne County 81-82. Peyton Gover scored a season high 41 points to lead all scores while Steven Fitzgerald added 21 in the loss. The Warriors also had wins over Madison Central 61-56 and Garrard County 69-58. This week the Warriors play Lincoln County and Owensboro.

3) Wayne County (14-8) - The Cardinals won a come back victory over arch rival Southwestern 82-81. Trey Blevins scored 30 points and Corey Stearns added 22 points. Wayne also picked up a win over Knox Central 80-65. This week the Cardinals play McCreary Central.

4) West Jessamine (11-11) - This past week the Colts lost a close game to the top team in the 12th Region Mercer County 83-79. They also lost to the top team in the 13th Region South Laurel 72-74. Their record is only .500 but the Colts have probably played the toughest schedule in the 12th Region this year. Next week West will host Boyle County, East Jessamine, and Garrard County.

5) Lincoln County (13-7) - The Patriot only played one game last week but it was a district thriller against rival Boyle County. These two teams have faced each other twice over the past two week and both have gone into double overtime with the Patriots winning. This time Lincoln county won 64-62. This week the schedule is loaded for the Patriots as they travel to Southwestern and Anderson County, and host Madison Central and Garrard County.

6) Pulaski County (13-8) - This past week the Maroons avenged their loss to Rockcastle County beating them 83-75. The next night they lost to Central Hardin 48-55. The Maroons host Mercer County Tuesday night then travel across Hwy 80 to face district rival Somerset. They end the week hosting the Don Marshall Ram/ “E” Classic where they play Bell County.

7) Boyle County (12-5) - The Rebels had a tough week of basketball last week losing to top ranked Mercer County 51-70 and to Lincoln County 62-64 in a double overtime thriller. This week the Rebels travel to West Jessamine before hosting cross town rival Danville.

8) Rockcastle County (15-9) - The Rockets split a pair of games last week beating Madison Southern 77-72 and losing at Pulaski County 75-83. This week the Rockets will host McCreary Central before traveling to Danville on Saturday.

9) Danville (11-10) - The Admirals won the All A 12th Region title for the second season in a row beating Somerset 63-57. At state they beat Shawnee 75-43 before being eliminated by Newport Central Catholic 48-61. This week the Admirals play Garrard County, Boyle County, and Rockcastle County.

10) Casey County (8-14) - Last week the Rebels only played one game and it was a loss to North Hardin 51-74. This week the rebels host Russell County before traveling to Perry County Central.

11) Garrard County (11-10) - Last week the Golden Lions lost a pair of games on the road to Southwestern 58-69 and to Whitley County 67-77. This week they stay on the road traveling to Danville, Lincoln County, and West Jessamine.

12) Somerset (10-10) - The Briar Jumpers lost a tough fought game to Danville 57-63 in the finals of the Class A 12th Region tournament. They also lost to Louisville Holy Cross 63-66. The Jumpers hope to get back on track this week as they host Madison Southern, Pulaski County and play Franklin Simpson.

13) East Jessamine (10-15) - The Jaguar beat Grant County 58-48, lost to Mercer County 44-85, and beat McCreary Central 64-60 last week. They only play one game this week but it is cross town rival West Jessamine.

14) McCreary Central (7-11) - The Raiders beat Middlesboro 92-63 and lost to East Jessamine 60-64. This week they play Rockcastle County, Wayne County, and Clinton County.

15) Burgin (10-10) - The Bulldogs beat KY School f/t Deaf 67-22, Christian Fellowship 49-38, and Dawson Springs 65-54. They lost to Washington County 52-62. This week they play Walden, Robertson County, Covington Latin, and Jackson City.

16) KY School f/t Deaf (8-12) - Last week the Colonels played in the 64th Annual Deaf Mason Dixon Basketball Tournament. They went 2-2. They also lost to Burgin 22-67. This week they play Walden and St. Francis.

12th Region District Breakdown:

45th District

Lincoln County (4-0) - Garrard Co. 2/5, Danville 2/12

Boyle County (3-2) - Danville 2/5

Danville (1-2) - Garrard Co. 2/2, at Boyle Co. 2/5, at Lincoln Co. 2/12

Garrard County (0-4) - at Danville 2/2, at Lincoln Co. 2/5

46th District

Mercer County (5-0)

West Jessamine (1-2) - E. Jessamine 2/5

East Jessamine (0-3) - at W. Jessamine 2/5

Burgin (0-1)

47th District

Rockcastle County (4-2)

Pulaski County (3-2) - at Somerset 2/4

Casey County (3-3)

Somerset (1-4) - Pulaski Co. 2/4

48th District

Southwestern (3-1)

Wayne County (2-1) - McCreary 2/5

McCreary Central (0-3) - at Wayne Co. 2/5

Yes I think that's correct. I'd have to go with Hager or Blevins from what I've seen

You obviously get to see Wayne County play a whole lot more than I do but I have always thought that Stearns is Wayne's best player. Plays smart and is a good all-around player. Very efficient.

You obviously get to see Wayne County play a whole lot more than I do but I have always thought that Stearns is Wayne's best player. Plays smart and is a good all-around player. Very efficient.

I've thought that for a couple years too, even with Woods and Blevins. All three are terrific, but I've always been partial to the way Stearns plays.

I would agree completely if Stearns was 100% healthy but he tore a ligament in the bottom of his foot at the beginning of the season and has been very limited on what he has been able to do this year. He's been Wayne's biggest mismatch for several years, excellent player when healthy.