Montgomery County 1 Campbell County 0

Rez

Great game, Mo co. scored of a corner that pinged around in the box for about 12 minutes, seemed like. Refs did a great job keeping the player under control. Just hate it when the CR has a date. Campbell was on a break away 3 on 1 about 35 yards out full sprint towards the goal and the whistle is blown. Maybe 4 more seconds at the most and wld have got a shot off. Maybe go in on to overtime maybe gone 20 yards over. Will never know.

Augsburger

Perkins

all region team

Time is time in hs soccer there is no added time like in club. That's why they stop the clock on cards and goals or injuries. When the horn sounds the ball is dead. Did they use the scoreboard clock? I understand that next year the scoreboard will be the official time just like the rest of the state.

Great game, Mo co. scored of a corner that pinged around in the box for about 12 minutes, seemed like. Refs did a great job keeping the player under control. Just hate it when the CR has a date. Campbell was on a break away 3 on 1 about 35 yards out full sprint towards the goal and the whistle is blown. Maybe 4 more seconds at the most and wld have got a shot off. Maybe go in on to overtime maybe gone 20 yards over. Will never know.

Augsburger

Perkins

all region team

It is my understanding that when the clock goes to 0:00 the game is over. That's how it has been at every game I have been to.

It is my understanding that when the clock goes to 0:00 the game is over. That's how it has been at every game I have been to.

Correct. In fact there are often examples of similar or even more dramatic game ending situations discussed/reviewed in officiating classes. I faintly recall discussing with an official about a State semi-final game where the game ended (via horn) with the ball in flight from a long shot which eventually went into the back of the net yet was disallowed. It's a common misunderstanding for fans that grew up with American football to think play can continue. When the games get to state level the official clock is the scoreboard run by a certified time official which is why in part state game field requirements also include specifics in terms of the scoreboard viewing and having a horn.

Time is time in hs soccer there is no added time like in club. That's why they stop the clock on cards and goals or injuries. When the horn sounds the ball is dead. Did they use the scoreboard clock? I understand that next year the scoreboard will be the official time just like the rest of the state.

Will this affect the ability to host games? For teams that have fields without clocks, are they eliminated ? If there is no official clock, you can't play.....right?

I'm opening up a stand alone clock/scoreboard company.

Augsburger

Perkins

all region team

Congrats to both these boys!!! Surprised this is not done after the Championship.

It was a great game very well played. Both teams had about 4 or 5 good chances. if it was played on turf score might have been 5 to 4. Maybe 6 yellow and Campbell got a straight red late in game. could not tell what happened from my seat. As far as the clock goes CR was the official time. 99.9 times out of 100 ref lets the play finish. unless you have the horn.